Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 30/4/23 4.30pm)

So you think nobody there is better than Gomez? Unbelievable Jeff.

Irony is you could probably say it worked but there has to be an ability to switch back.

1 Like

Tsimi hasn’t been particularly good last few appearances.

1 Like

Who would you take off for Gomez? Trent?

1 Like

Ive said that all season and been told i talk stupid.

Nowhere near as bad as Robbo was today. Giving the ball away under no pressure. He is mentally tired

You really gave some bizarre opinions.

He is learning a new position as a young player.
He is a solid CB with football in his locker.
There are few better than him equipped to play as we do.

4 Likes

Elliott :roll_eyes:

Still pissing myself at richarlison’s face. And Ryan Mason just said they were "the best team by a country mile.

In the light of day, I might be a bit more critical, but for now hahahaha

2 Likes

Don’t ya just love a sour loser :0)

1. Posted at 18:5618:56

‘We were better team by a country mile’

FT: Liverpool 4-3 Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur

2.Tottenham interim manager Ryan Mason, speaking to Sky Sports:* "[I’m] devastated. The reality is the team that created the most chances lost the game. We were the better team by an absolute country mile. To gift a team like Liverpool four goals makes it difficult. It’s tough to put it into words, absolutely gutted.

“You have to realise and understand the Premier League and what it brings to the table every game. To start a game like that is hard to put into words and understand why. We know we prepared the game well because every time we had the ball we looked like scoring. Created a number of changes in the second half, hit the woodwork, probably one of the clearest red cards I’ve seen on Oliver Skipp.”

3.On Diogo Jota’s apparent foul on Oliver Skipp:* “I have to be careful what I see but ultimately that’s an impossible one to miss. When you talk about endangering an opponent, to draw blood from a stud when his head if 5.5ft in the air just baffles me. That type of decision is the difference between winning the game or not. For me it’s tough to understand and I’d like an explanation. I see it in real time and you have a feel for those sort of moments. The VAR official has a replay. I’m devastated about today because of the way the game went.”

4.On how his team rallied back:* “I think we showed we can be a very good team. At the same time we also showed why we’re in the position we are in the first 10-15 mins. To get back in the game and give them a goal is difficult to take.”

5.On if Lucas Moura made an individual mistake to give Liverpool a goal:* “I’m not going to speak about individuals, those conversations stay in our changing room. The overall feeling is devastation.”

6.On where Tottenham are at:* “I’m not sure. I remain pretty consistent in the last four or five days. It’s about creating some unity at this football club, first of all our group and then the fans. The result’s gone against us but barring the first 10, 15 minutes they’ve seen a team fighting for each other.”

Article Reactions

85 likes85

• Dislike

334 dislikes334

Article share tools

• ShareView more share options

* Copy this link[Read more about these links.](https://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/terms/can-i-share-things-from-the-bbc)
  1. Posted at 18:5418:54

‘Jota shouldn’t be on pitch’

Tottenham Hotspur

[image]

Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images

8.Interim Tottenham manager Ryan Mason speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live:* "To give a team a three goal lead makes it almost impossible to come back from.

"The feeling is that we can score goals and hurt opponents. We created chances, they didn’t give us anything we had to work for that. To equalise at the end and then give away another goal is so hard to take.

"I probably speak for everyone that there was some fear [after conceded three goals]. To give a team goals, it’s hard to understand why. We need to address that and be better. After that we showed togetherness.

"I don’t know how many shots they had on target but it felt like we had more.

“This is the Premier League, it’s relentless and you have to be ready to fight for 95 minutes. We conceded three terrible goals and it’s hard to explain why that happended. It’s tough to take.”

9.On whether Diogo Jota should have been shown a red card:* “Honestly, it’s probably the clearest red card you will see on the football pitch. I need an explanation. It endangered the opponent, Skipp needs stitches and Jota has scored the goal when he shouldn’t be on the pitch.”

What a fantastic game of football. Probably wouldn’t be saying that if the end result was a draw, but the game was magnificent. Dunno what Klopp said at half time but we were pretty shite thereafter. Thank god Jota’s goal gave us the points. Fair play to Spurs for coming back - we should have been ruthless and killed them off with a fourth, 'cos we’ve seen lesser teams come back from 3-0 down. But what a great feeling at the end of the game.

2 Likes

Who’s this guy they are interviewing now? And what game was he at?

So…instead of Milner we get Gomez as RB and push Trent into midfield

Yeah…that’s fair enough.

1 Like

Why doesn’t the Sky journo ask Mason what he thought about Skipp’s tackle first half? Fucking weasel.

5 Likes

His missteps today werent really defense though, but turning the ball over in terrible situations.

Klopp’s comments shown in the US were interesting. After taking a lead like that we expected the game to change. We adapted to that, but tottenham didnt. They just continued to sit off and try to hit us on the counter and so we found ourselves stuck in half and half mode…neither plugging the gaps well enough at the back to deal with counters, nor being aggressive enough to proactively stop the counters from developing.

3 Likes

Jurgen Klopp:

“We have our history with Paul Tierney, I really don’t know what he has against us, he has said there is no problems but that cannot be true.”

“How he looks at me, I don’t understand it.”

“My celebration was unnecessary, which is fair but what he said to me when he gave me the yellow card is not ok.”

Go on Jurgen.

4 Likes

Ryan…go and check the match stats…and take the rose coloured glasses off…

1 Like

On referee Paul Tierney: "How they can give a foul on Mohamed Salah [before Spurs’ third goal]. We have our history with [Paul] Tierney, I really don’t know what he has against us, he has said there is no problems but that cannot be true.

“How he looks at me, I don’t understand it. In England nobody has to clarify these situations, it’s really tricky and hard to understand. My celebration was unnecessary, which is fair but what he said to me when he gave me the yellow card is not ok.”

i wonder what it was.

4 Likes

For Scotland he plays a true wingback roleahead of a back three (the left of the back three being Arsenal’s Tierney).

Robertson may grow into that role but maybe we need a dedicated CB and possibly also move Robbo into a similar floating role as Trent?

Take Tierney down Jurgen… You know we want ya to do it :0)

Posted at 19:0619:06

‘What Tierney said to me was not ok’

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to Sky Sports: "For a long period of the first half it was the best game we had played so far. First half was good, we conceded a goal but it was the first time we didn’t defend properly. Apart from that the first half was good. The problem is Spurs do not change at all, they go for counter attacks even at 3-1 down. They just defend, counter attack and get set pieces and that makes it tricky.

"We got away with it thank to Diogo Jota, it makes it spectacular and everybody goes home buzzing, but I am the manager of the team so I have to mention everything else as well. In 3 days’ time we have to do better.

“They had a defensive set up, but the way we started the game was brilliant, everything was there. It was nearly perfect but it seemed to lead us on the wrong path.”

On referee Paul Tierney: "How they can give a foul on Mohamed Salah [before Spurs’ third goal]. We have our history with [Paul] Tierney, I really don’t know what he has against us, he has said there is no problems but that cannot be true.

“How he looks at me, I don’t understand it. In England nobody has to clarify these situations, it’s really tricky and hard to understand. My celebration was unnecessary, which is fair but what he said to me when he gave me the yellow card is not ok.”

2 Likes