Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 30/4/23 4.30pm)

my question dear sir is " how long is a country mile"?

Its one reason I hate the current offside ā€œplay onā€ rule. Its creates this fake shadow game that has happened where a striker has a free shot on goal by virtue of being offside. Thereā€™s no way it doesnā€™t create a false perception of the match in both the players and the audienceā€™s mind.

Case in point was Burnley a few years ago getting praised for exposing our defence by scoring three goals - but all three where clearly offside but allowed to play on under this nonsence rule.

7 Likes

Not for me. Hes a liability.

1 Like

Klopp is one of those passionate characters that I love to see in sport but the fact is that if he was manager of any other side he would get lambasted and derided on hereā€¦:joy:

3 Likes

Cue commentator: "Van Dijk has had a couple of let offs now and really needs to get that defensive line (that is catching them EVERY SINGLE TIME) sorted.

5 Likes

I would like to think that isnt the case. He does do stuff that deserves criticism and not infrequently goes too far (see today goading the 4th official, which Im still laughing at), but he always holds up his hands.

4 Likes

Agreed, there is a time when it should stay down but it they then flag as soon as the play is over itā€™s obviously not close.

I think in the build up to the first goal it was offside and then they carried on for another minute going back around before scoring.

Too late to make any decision but something that wouldnā€™t have happened if it had been waved.

The West Wing Lesson GIF by HBO Max

Soā€¦it was YOU!

Next time stay the fuck put! :wink:

5 Likes

I think Konate is a good player. Wins lots of headers. Big. Strong. Good in the tackle. Fast.

Sort the midfield in front of him and we are a lot less jittery.

Right now we are transitioning and trying a new system, and the midfield is not what it needs to be either.

Konate is a long way down the list of problems we have.

9 Likes

So you think if he was managing Man U and carried on like that, we would all be laughing and saying what a case he isā€¦such a loveable guy.

I love him but I wouldnā€™t so much if he was at United.

after such a shit shit season we back at 5thā€¦ klopp is a hell of a manager

4 Likes

he did say, thats all they do even when they are downā€¦

Should have been in here jacking off, but no, peak 22/23 Liverpool.

Robertson and Van Dijk need a long rest to sort themselves out, horrific defending and their complacency is the catalyst every game for us turning into a bag of jelly spanners.

3 Likes

Souness last appearance on sky thank fuck for that .

1 Like

If he was manager of Man Utdā€¦ Tierney would be asking for his autograph not brandishing a yellow card at him :0)

3 Likes

I donā€™t know, but as I said I would like to think so. You look at the successful managers of rival teams who opposing fans dislike and they simply donā€™t have the redeeming qualities to balance it all out that Klopp has. And certainly not both in terms of the personality and football. Wengerā€™s sides played admirable football but he has never met a joke he understands. Jose was genuinely funny at times but played stab your eyes football.

Klopp has played football that makes neutrals want to watch and even when heā€™s fucked up finds a way to make the situation genuinely funny or heart warming in his acceptance of his limitations. Like a big German Ted Lasso.

3 Likes

Is itā€¦didnā€™t know that

1 Like

He canā€™t blame Spurs for those tactics, they shipped 6 goals against Newcastle. He needs to look at why we stopped playing after going 3-0 up and became complacent. Thatā€™s why we conceded three goals.

1 Like

I donā€™t care what they say, but the drivel they spout unfortunately drives the narrativesā€¦

2 Likes