Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 30/4/23 4.30pm)

What was so bad about Virgil? I saw him getting bullets in the game thread, but didnt see the reasons for it.

First goal, he made the covering run then slipped as the turf gave way, as seemed to happen to several players in the first half. Second and third goal didnt come from anything remotely like mistakes from him.

1 Like

I think he is. Sounded like he was explaining a bit of that ā€” players were expecting a difference (but shouldnā€™t have been) but Iā€™m sure heā€™ll go into it more with the players than with the media.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be sorry in a few weeks time when itā€™s announced Patrice Evra or Ashley Cole taking his place instead.

Heā€™s not saying it to blame them, he is saying we were confused by it and responded the wrong way.

3 Likes

After his shit talk today Iā€™m glad he is gone.

He has lost all command of the backline, he appears to be so obsessed with worrying about his lack of pace heā€™s forgotten that heā€™s meant to lead at the back and keep us all on point.

All Iā€™m saying is I hope youā€™ll be prepared when Sky hire an ex-player we hated both as a player and a pundit to shit talk for the next 5, 10 years.

Thatā€™s very abstract and hand wavy.

1 Like

He is the one I have the highest respect for. He is very honest in his opinions and at least he has played at the very highest level. None of us haveā€¦:wink:. We all just talk ignorant shite from our couches.:rofl:

Regardless his Gakpo pen opinion is crap.

If there had been any doubt Tierney wouldnā€™t have pointed to the spot.

3 Likes

I did have but Iā€™m glad heā€™s gone after todayā€™s performance. We all had to forgive him years ago for talking to the banned rag.

1 Like

interesting watching Klopps earlier interview and he mentions that ā€œthis team has had its success, and now its time to build a new teamā€ā€¦

EUROPA!!

1 Like

I didnā€™t hear him say it wasnā€™t a penalty. I thought he said Romero went to ground too easily and gave Gakpo the opportunity to go downā€¦in which case he is correct. A defender should stay upright if possible.

1 Like

Yeah I heard it as a more general comment against Romero. He was speaking about this penalty and then said something to the effect of ā€œhe is always doing this, he goes to ground far too easilyā€ and then from there to general striker simulation.

1 Like

ā€œDiogo was not intentional,ā€ Klopp said. ā€œHe went for the ball, his foot was high. But I really think Ryan Mason has other things to worry about.ā€

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how Gakpo could have stayed up though.

Itā€™s over thought analysis, player makes silly title but that doesnā€™t ā€œgive Gakpoā€ the opportunity to go down. He canā€™t but go down as he is tripped.

1 Like

He couldnā€™t but if the defender had stayed upright there would have been no trip and no penalty

2 Likes

So wait, there was no follow up question?! How in the hell can a room full of journalists just leave it hanging at ā€œsome horrible words were said by a refereeā€ and they leave it there?

2 Likes

Heres a thoughtā€¦
Lets support Liverpool and Klopp and stop fretting over what our response would be to X or Y if it happened to us.

You are very quiet on Tierneyā€™s abysmal corrupt performance for example.

I think at this stage you are point scoring, which is unfortunate.
You disagree with the view that Liverpool are biased against, but you are trying to hard.

Regarding the fouls/pen that Spurs felt they should get?
Ibou is on that prick but Mo never gets those.
And Skipp should be off anyway, no matter if Jota beheaded him.

5 Likes