Post match: Liverpool v Villa (EPL 11/12/21 3pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Sadio MANE
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Jame MILNER
  • Takumi MINAMINO

0 voters

Unused Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Keita, Gomez, Tsimikas, Williams

:arrows_counterclockwise: 58’ Diogo JOTA on, Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 83’ James MILNER on, Thiago ALCANTARA off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 88’ Takumi MINAMINO on, Sadio MANE off

:soccer: 67’ Mohamed SALAH (pen)

Not comfortable, that.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Awful officiating in all 3 top flight matches.

7 Likes

Could have won by 4 or 5 but only scored the one from the spot. Man of the match is tough I voted Matip, Andy and Mane. Onwards and upwards.

2 Likes

Tight game but not surprised by that. Anyone who’d seen rangers in europe or villa since stevie took over knew they’d be tough, tight, and full of gamesmanship. He’ll do well with them

Good result for us.

7 Likes

Three points. That’s all that matters.

15 Likes

It would be brilliant if we didn’t see Stuart Atwell again for the rest of the season.

18 Likes

That was ugly after we scored. But we didn’t concede, kept a clean sheet and that’s 3 points that matters the most when we aren’t thrashing teams. Our flow was hampered a lot by the ref stopping the game for everything. Some scary moments by Alisson as well. All good as long as we ended up winning, but may not always be this lucky.

Hoping Stevie gets points off City and Chelsea. They were stubborn in their defense have to stay.

7 Likes

Our left side’s best game of the season I can remember. With Robertson playing at an immense intensity level even by his standards. Villa’s play deserves as much praise as their time-wasting criticism.

4 Likes

For now just want to say Matip and Fab my MOTM. Can’t decide who to give my 3rd. Hendo or Thiago.

4 Likes

Another 1-0

Love it

Scrappy at times, ref hasn’t a clue, Ali playing like he had to much to drink, and we’ve lost our ability to drop down a gear.

But it makes for an exciting game.

Fab has an immense game. He’s so vital in our midfield.

10 Likes

good win… onto the next

1 Like

Piss’a piss made to look harder than it was

16 Likes

Great win.

Atwell conned so many times. The standard of reffing in the supposed best league in the world is shocking.

If you start time wasting in the 1st half you should get a red card.

10 Likes

Came for a draw and didn’t get it…

I’ll happily take a 1-0 it’s hardly like our rivals for the title performed any better.

4 Likes