Post match: Liverpool v Villa (EPL 11/12/21 3pm)

plus ça change

3 Likes

Closer than it should have been. Ali on the red wine.
Sometimes it’s like that. Teams in bottom half of the table will do anything they can and we have to live with it.

Personally, I’m not incensed by the ref, or their tactics, I’m fucking livid that there are people on here, who claim to be Liverpool fans, calling Steve Gerrard a cunt.

What the fuck?! You should be ashamed of yourselves. I never thought I’d see something like that.

22 Likes

Then he makes a pointless walk to Martinez to tell him off after 60 minutes, and still no card

3 Likes

Really? Wow, who on earth was that?

1 Like

Not the most enjoyable match. Even though significantly better, we weren’t fluid and that useless shithead officiating made things worse. Every loose ball fell to a Villa player especially in their box and every shot was seemingly blocked by a defender. Jota’s introduction improved matters, the pressure grew and grew until they broke. And then in the last 15 minutes we seemed to be doing our best to concede. Alisson should count himself lucky today. And on the other end how the fuck do you not get a shot off on a 3 vs 1 counterattack?

Anyway, we got the three points and that’s all that matters but let’s go back to destroying teams. Much more fun to watch and stress free.

2 Likes

RDT_20211211_170904345695547697067535

9 Likes

Best to ignore them. They are the type of people who are poison to be around.

2 Likes

Absolute treasure, our Joël.

4 Likes

I’m glad they didn’t televise it mind :wink:

To be fair, it wasn’t “people”. It was said by one poster in the match thread in the heat of the battle. Football is an emotional sport. Being a fan isn’t always rational.

I get where you’re coming from but also let’s not blow this out of proportion.

4 Likes

I doubt it will be game of the day again this weekend.

He doubled down on it a few posts later.

We all get emotional, but some things cross the line.

I await his humble apology.

3 Likes

All good. I missed the follow up. Just trying to keep harmony.

It’s the new me! :see_no_evil::joy::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think you know I’m not easily riled

2 Likes

getting to the business end of things now…december and january so so important. We have players coming back which is brilliant…

2 Likes

That’s another team not rewarded for parking the bus against us. Well done lads! :+1:t2: :ok_hand:t2: :facepunch:t2:

It was a hard piece of work against an organised team with only one goal in mind: to prevent us from scoring. But the relentless pace and pressure applied by our lads meant that eventually, they had to commit a mistake. It was Mings felling Salah in the box which decided the game in the end.

I liked the fact that our players came out in the second half, playing even sharper and really laying the siege around Villa’s goal. That spurred the crowd on, and the pressure on Villa was relentless. That had to lead to a big chance for us.

The thing I didn’t like was not taking the chances when they came, before and after the pen. Two or three times, our forwards spurned good chances in the first half and in the second, and after the 1-0, we found ourselves clear through with three players against one at least two or three times, only to waste these glorious chances.

And then, accepting Villa’s dominance in the last ten minutes and making a hash of about everything… why on earth? :thinking:

On another day, we would have scored on our first chance, and then it would have been another 3 or 4 nil trashing I reckon. In that sense, Stevie got lucky today. Aston Villa will stay up if they can maintain their grit and willingness to fight for every ball. But I haven’t yet seen anything from them which makes me think that they are more than lower mid-table material. It will be interesting to see what happens once the new-manager bounce will have come to an end. Stevie will have a lot of work on his hands then I reckon.

MoM today: Matip for his precise defending which was needed at times, and Robbo and Trent for their relentless runs and crosses. Alli and Thiago had nightmares imo, while Salah and Mané were below par. But Mo took his one big chance on the pen, well done for maintaining that standard!

Oh, and did I mention English refereeing standards already? Meh…

12 Likes

Jota coming on and instantly making those runs that Ox was lacking.

Tough position for Ox, as he was making midfield type of runs inside the box, when a more deadly centre forward mentally was needed. Good effort though, and nce to see him pick up a lot of recent game time.

On another note, when we got Taki, I thought he’d be the one to fill in for Bobby, but he hardly ever plays that position. Good to see he now comes on the pitch in full on pressing mode.

2 Likes

For me it was an extremely frustrating watch. That said, I couldn’t decide which was getting under my skin more, Villa’s conning or the dipshit ref rewarding the conning. Im biased but felt we were in control the entire time despite all Villa’s dishonesty.

Martinez got exactly what he deserved on the pen. You don’t taunt the beast and expect to escape unscathed.

Regarding Gerrard, I said in the pre match I love him and respect him, but he was just another opponent today. He’s Villa’s manager, they sign his paycheques. I wish him well the rest of the way but I was less than impressed with his squad’s antics.

9 Likes

Our forwards’ decision making is horrible today. Salah made a few, Jota came on and contrived not to score, Mane was quite ineffective…

Our forwards needs to be reminded by Klopp again to look up and see.

We could have seen this out very comfortably.

Our goalkeeper needs to be reminded to communicate with his backline more especially when the defender asks him to come out of his line. His goalkeeping is very erratic today. I wonder if it is the new goalkeeping coach working his shit??