Post match: Liverpool v Villa (EPL 11/12/21 3pm)

The most stupid move is the ref making a big show of giving the keeper a talking to - which allows him to burn another 30 seconds of time.

Stuart, mate. They’re fucking laughing at you.

11 Likes

Looked like Alisson had flip flops on today, luckily he had no saves to make.

2 Likes

Once Ings gets his fitness back, Steve will make the forward play centre around him. They have some good players, and with a fit Ings can offer that threat up front.

Mings/Konsa need to get their act sorted though, as they fail to clear many balls from set pieces/crosses that our Nat would head away blind folded.

1 Like

Scratch that…The officiating involving the top 2 teams has been uttered gash…The whole world is laughing at the PGMOL.

1 Like

Your comment could have been levelled at him in many of the recent games far more than it should in this one. He had a better game than Mo for possibly the first time this season.

4 Likes

And no injuries!

2 Likes

Gave Robbo motm but he had 2 great options to shoot and tried to cross/pass

3 Likes

Yes, we did not have the best day of this season, look at Becker and what he was doing :scream: today but it happens, they are not robots, when you play for the PL title you must win matches like this, as you said Three points. That is all that matters.

7 Likes

Agreed. Just when you think Mane has gone onto a dead end, he’d use his strength and skill to somehow wriggle away. Thought he was brilliant, and good link up with Andy.

4 Likes

:joy:

12 Likes

Well, I think he needs to change his game a little bit. He hasn’t had a goal involvement for 4 games in a row already…

His passes to an overlapping runner in Robbo is good though…He should try more of that in the future!

Well… that’s worthy of the Hall of Shame thread I think…

4 Likes

Apart from putting the ball in the net I thought our movement, intensity and interplay to be excellent especially against a packed defence.

Mo may have created the penalty and scored but his decision making was poor, Trent made heaps of great overlaps and he ignored him, also the 3 v 1, if he had gone on his right foot no one would have got close but he tried to come back onto his left which caused him to slow down and near the end, he should have passed to Jota.

However, Mo is relentless and just keeps going, but for me his decision making today, was way off.

3 Likes

Its not his fault in the 3 v 1 and he passes correctly to Mo, that Mo messes it up

1 Like

Coolness from Mo on that penalty.

Ashley standing in front of the spot arguing with the ref to put Mo off, the keeper trying to do mind games with his pointing, then diving the correct way with momentum in that direction.

If the ball was not placed hard in the corner, the keeper would’ve saved it.

1 Like

Yep probably his best Penalty, right in the corner with pace

1 Like

I went the game today so it’s nice to see everyone else was as frustrated with Atwell as the whole of Anfield. Absolutely ridiculous refereeing performance, he deserves to be demoted for it. The linesman on the far side (kenny stand) wasn’t much better, guessed every decision.

I thought we played well but lacked the finishing touch. Mane was a constant menace as was Robertson. Thiago had a really good game bar a couple of slack moments (a running theme). Fab was quite poor in the first half, looked very slow, but picked it up in the second. Chamberlain up front didn’t really work but he wasn’t terrible. It’s a good job Villa didn’t show more attacking intent because Alisson has obviously started his Christmas celebrations early.

We deserved to win by more. It was a shame to see Gerrard come and set up like that but a bigger shame that the referee allowed them to get away with it. Was impressed by Douglas Luiz and Konsa for Villa, both looked very good today, as did Cash when he was allowed to get forward.

MOTM is a tough one - any of Robbo, Matip, Thiago or Mane could get it. Argument for Salah for the goal, probably make a case for a couple of others.

17 Likes

Big win. Fuck the ref.

5 Likes

Hard fought 3 points against Steven Pulis.:smiley::smiley::smiley:

5 Likes

With regards to Thiago, he does that in most games, is it because he trie to be too precise and too clever? Saying that maybe that’s what you get as he looks for the clever intelligent pass and changes the focus of the attack which I won’t want him to change

1 Like