Post Match: Liverpool v Villarreal (UCL 27/4/22 8pm)

Man of match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Sadio MANE
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Naby KEITA
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Divock ORIGI

0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Matip, Williams, Elliott.

:arrows_counterclockwise: 72’ Diogo JOTA :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Sadio MANE

:arrows_counterclockwise: 72’ Naby KEITA :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Jordan HENDERSON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 81’ Joe GOMEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Trent ALEXANDER- ARNOLD

:arrows_counterclockwise: 81’ Divock ORIGI :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Sadio MANE

:soccer: 53’ Jordan HENDERSON (Mohamed SALAH)

:soccer: 56’ Sadio MANE (Mohamed SALAH)

3 Likes

The result of the match was never in doubt

But it wasn’t ten-nil so, sadly, Klopp out!

9 Likes

10 Likes
18 Likes

Brilliant performance all round. We go again. Allez Allez Allez.

6 Likes

Sorry Unai but dare I say, a good ebening.

5 Likes

Can’t complain about that. Definition of professional performance. Thought we were capable of grabbing another, but 2-0 at half time is fine by me.

8 Likes

A piece of piss should have scored more goals but looking forward to seeing them attack us next week. Diaz was my man of the match. Onwards and upwards.

8 Likes

Excellent pressing. Villareal were just left to play act. They’ll need to do something different in the second leg.

The ref passed his audition to become a Prem standard ref with flying colours. The non-foul given when Fab running by the touchline will have PGMOL salivating.

2 Likes

Thiago and Fab were awesome.

In 20+ Euro CL semis over the last 40 odd years that was the easiest.

Great performance but being greedy would have loved a 3rd to totally put it to bed.

3 Likes

Textbook that. Wore them down first half, quick double punch early in the second half and then took the last half hour off.

Rest up for Saturday and then same again next week and we’re golden.

MOTM for Alisson simply for sticking it out to the final whistle and not nicking off early because he was bored.

3 Likes

happy alisson becker GIF by AS Roma

11 Likes

The first 30 minutes of that second half were unbelievable. The energy levels of this team are insane. Massive gulf between the two sides. Should have scored more but I can’t remember a more one-sided CL semi-final. What a team.

3 Likes

That should do!

1 Like

Did Allisson come out for the 2nd half?

1 Like

One more would have killed it but we have to be well pleased with that. I’d like to see what happens when they try and attack us over there.

Easy Peasy.

One of the most accomplished performances I’ve ever seen from a Liverpool side. World-class, from the goalie through to the forward line.

Total domination from minute zero to minute 92. Against a dangerous and very well organized team which isn’t at this stage of the competition by haphazard.

But what impresses me most is that the lads did everything right during the first half, but it wasn’t yet enough to break down Villareal. The Spaniards were incredibly engaged and also a bit lucky to reach half-time with the nil at the back.

So, what happens? Our players come back and play even better, pass the ball even faster, go into the challenges even stronger. And so, the first goal came from a deflection. Lucky, but it was very much a case of provoking one’s own luck. After the first, the players continued just like before, and the second came like a ripe fruit, just two minutes.

It’s only half-time now, and we shouldn’t take anything for granted, but if the lads can display the same overall attitude, then… :+1:

Edit: the MoM contest is impossible tonight… I really don’t know who deserves it… :joy:

15 Likes