Post Match: Liverpool v Villarreal (UCL 27/4/22 8pm)

does thiago start against newcastle?

1 Like

I thought the team throughout were a minimum of 9 out of 10, just excellent all round and looking at us atm I think there will be no drop off in any game, the best team I have seen and that includes the 1988 team

2 Likes

I think he has to, we need 3 points. He seems fit enough.

4 Likes

I wont lie, I am worried.

1 Like

Agree with this.

Ventured to the in match thread at HT. The amount of disrespect shown is mind boggling to me. Dissing our captain, when I saw him leading the press (of which, Villareal struggled to get out all game). Mane and Mo not scoring, so they are labelled as crap.

Semi final of CL, first half, needs patience. For me, the calls for going 4-2-4 with the subs at HT are just plain silly. Control the game, keep probing, and the goals will come.

Even Everton had one good chance against us with the break. Villareal were pressed to death, and did nothing of note up front all game. They weren’t allowed to.

10 Likes

Red zone and all that.
Keita could start but then Thiago is in serious form

1 Like

Very, very solid performance throughout but I’ve gone for a Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho MotM. Absolute steel through the middle.

I was surprised that Klopp didn’t go for subs earlier but I think he didn’t want to upset the balance. I expect to see some rotation on Saturday.

Job half done but, so far, well done.

1 Like

Very good :+1: A fairly workmanlike performance. No injuries by the look of it. Now on to Newcabal and another cup final on Saturday :+1:

62hrs to recover for the Newcastle game.

2 Likes

Guillaine Balague on CBS sports completely blown away by our performance.

We were completely dominant from the off. Another game like that in the second leg please. Agree on the don’t know who to choose for motm

3 Likes

I never particularly like that ref, but there are far, far worse. He doesn’t fall for or put up with nonsense, and he is consistent - I just can’t stand the way he calls the game with respect to contact.

3 Likes

Really feels like we left money on the table though. A 3-0 would just about have decided it, a 2-0 is nice but an early goal for them on the return leg changes everything. We dominated play, could have blown them out of the tie, just didn’t.

5 Likes

I agree it feels like we could have had more but there was never a moment in the game where I felt like we weren’t in control

3 Likes

The more they attack us next week, the more space they leave for Diaz, Salah and Mané to exploit.

Good luck with that.

15 Likes

That’s exactly what I like about him. Too many fouls are given in the Prem for the slightest of contact. Strength to heave opponents off the ball should be rewarded not penalized. I thought he was the best I have seen this season.

Trent was booked for a similar foul on Gordon. The only difference was Gordon hit the deck and rolled around several times.

3 Likes

But, if a big guy and a small guy go in 50/50 on the same angle, and the small guy falls over, he reliably calls a foul, regardless of which player initiated contact.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I agree we will need to score first over there it will still be tough but if we press them like we did tonight who knows?

1 Like

Have it to Konaté, why 
 because he is my favorite CB :joy: