Post Match: Liverpool v West Brom (epl 27/12/20 4.40pm)

This is why losing Matip tipped it.

1 Like

Nah, sorry, regardless of the result that Allardyce brand of cowardly anti-football gets no respect from me. It’s a shame we weren’t sharp enough to punish them today.

19 Likes

We need an effing CB!

3 Likes

Embarrassing. Onward and upward we March

2 Likes

same m.o everytime

1 Like

Just never could understand why Jurgen didn’t look to change the game with subs until so late

3 Likes

I hope that’s not going to set Jones back too much.
He really should have been subbed by then.

2 Likes

We let them back in by not carrying any threat in second half. Not losing centre back.

1 Like

wasnt gonna have a drink the night,

feel like i need 1 now tho,

gutted by that scoreline

2 Likes

The Origi sub pushed my button, Firmino had just come closest to scoring and he takes him off.

8 Likes

We looked crap. No zip about us. Just passing it around, slowly, and in front of West Brom.

I need to see it again, but Jones looked at fault for their goal, with a bad pass leading to their corner. Prior to that there were a few signs he was holding onto it too long e.g. he could have released Mane more quickly down the left, but dribbled and lingered, before finally getting the pass off. Very good player, but sometimes a simple pass is better, especially if done quickly. Hopefully Klopp has a word.

Anyway, that draw feels like a loss. Kevin not our friend, Allardyce, low block, VAR, etc. is all irrelevant if we played anything like near to our own level.

We didn’t so got our noses bloodied with a stupid draw.

Top of the league, but two points dropped. And Matip? Injured again. Good player but that’s a joke now.

5 Likes

I actually don’t mind how West Brom played. I’m fine with it.

What I do mind is these negative minded managers like Allardyce and Mourinho being hailed as performing a “masterclass” everytime it works. Everyone behind the ball and hope we get a set piece late on isn’t exactly genius management.

14 Likes

Points dropped at home against absolute dross and Matip injured again.

Top of the league and it feels like shit.

City are only 3pts off us now , if (when) they win their game in hand. Let them get in front and it’s gonna be hard fucking work.

5 Likes

Said at half time that need concentration and if it’s it’s 1-0 then so be it.

Sloppy to give away the corner. Curtis dawdled twice in the first half and got away with it, but third time his luck ran out. Needs to add some nous to his game, which will come in time. Learning experience for him.

Also thought Nat Philips would’ve been better to put on for defending corners and our own corner threats rather than R Williams.

Oh, and if our fullbacks played like Furlong, they would’ve given away yellow cards and freekicks galore.

2 Likes

Not a great result but some of you need to calm down. Top of the league, results robbed from us against Everton (who sit second) and Brighton. Injuries have been a persitant problem. We’re top. Also the idea that Sam has Klopp’s number or lives in his head rent free must be proper WUM material. Plenty of teams come to Anfield to shithouse a result. Fat Sam managing a draw playing 6-3-1 is hardly a tactical masterclass - better questions would be directed at our attack only managing one goal despite dominating. Klopp has also always been slow with subs; anyone trying to link a lack of subs to Fat Sam in the oppostion dugout is clutching at straws and hasn’t paid attention to Klopps habits since he’s been here

Oh, and thats 3 calender years unbeaten at Anfield. Not bad if you ask me

5 Likes

We’ve already dealt with this, we dont agree. Cheers

3 Likes

Ah well, I expect plenty more of the same type of results this season.

Started well for the first 25, then went shit for the rest.

Hopefully a better result next time.

3 Likes

No. We made a silly mistake when jones tried to play out from the back that cost us.
Rough on him.
I think we would have held on if not for that unforced error.

2 Likes

To be fair only thing he did all game and he should have scored 6 yards out.

1 Like

I don’t know why Jones decided to turn back towards the penalty are instead of sending the ball down the line. He fucked up.

10 Likes