Post Match: Liverpool v West Brom (epl 27/12/20 4.40pm)

Origin is worthless at the moment. He shouldn’t even be on the bench. I’d rather bring on anybody before Origi to change the game.

3 Likes

Gutting, it was coming after that lethargic 2nd half. Really irritating, 7 goals one week ago and then we look absolutely out of ideas.

All the good and bad of Matip in one game: solid defending, pass for the goal and then, obviously, injured again. We need a CB in Jan, I hope we have planned for it. I mean we should have one ready under the tree like Virgil years ago.

2 Likes

Forget football.
I simply hate him as a person.
Arrogant cunt.

3 Likes

outsmarted, outplayed . most were bad today but the curtis out foot , in foot turn and loose the ball or pass backward and when the pass is on he wants to outsmart everybody and end end up outsmarting himself .
the first half they gave us the ball 2nd half they just started hassling us more and mistake after mistake . Matip again proves that we started the season with 2.5 centre backs and now we have none.
going forward we offered nothing other than cross the ball and hope , no movement to create space and even when west brom came out we kept gini and henderson instead of going for more creative midfield
in summary we didnt deserve to win and we are lucky not to loose the game

2 Likes

poor kid, the striker even gave him a yard or two head start and still went easily past him

2 Likes

Agree. There’s no point getting involved in referee discussions ie over something you can’t control when it delays and distracts from action that you do have control over.

3 Likes

But had Matip been on the field instead of Williams, it would have been swept up. Lad was put under pressure and didnt act.

1 Like

Exactly. He should have pumped it down the line. Rhys had to react instinctively to the danger. Not much else he could have done.

3 Likes

This title is going to be really tough.
We are dropping way too many points and don’t really have a cushion with city utd breathing down our necks.
Consistency is lacking. We beat the big teams but drop against WBA and Fulham!?.

5 Likes

That Klopp yellow card for the outburst was due to third time in a row ref blowing for foul when it wasn’t.

1 Like

I hope Matip is back for Utd game, don’t want to see utd front 3 running at Rhys.

4 Likes

Too many mistakes and too tame and not agressive in the challenges. We walked right into their gameplan. We could have won it at the end but the goalie made a worldclass save.

The whole team was poor. Jones with plenty of chances to get the ball away and lost it. Rhys who gave the corner away. With decent experience he would learn to head the ball back to Ali. I think it may have even been an OG for Ali as he could have touched it after it bounced off the post

1 Like

I can’t count on Matip anymore. We need to dip into the market this window to buy a more robust defender.

5 Likes

I watched the replay. Curtis should have cleared it. Instead he was to busy to play out from a difficult position and put Rhys in a tough spot.
Won’t blame Rhys for it. These things happen and we need to support our young reds.
I’m sure klopp will have a word with both of them and they will learn from it.
Move and prepare for newcastle next.

6 Likes

I really don’t think Fat Sam needs a whole deal of credit here.

The football gods paid us back for using all our good fortune last week. As clinical as we were last match day, we were the polar opposite today. I think we were playing party time in the first half, as if this game was a continuation of the Palace game, when we really should have been playing smart, steady football to get that second goal that would have iced the game. I thought Firmino was ok with the the ball at his feet but I thought Salah and Mane were extremely wasteful today. Curtis in hindsight, irrespective of the pass that inevitably gave WBA the goal, was off today as well.

Hendo was probably our best today.

WBA were coming into the game before Matip injured himself, but the injury didn’t help. It’s unfortunate that he can’t get a run of games together. Brilliant player when he can get on the field.

This is just part of the up and down year that is season 20/21. God knows which of the title challengers will drop points next match day but praying it won’t be us.

6 Likes

So didn’t want to drop points to this fat pig.
Would rather have dropped against palace and fucked WBA.

1 Like

Pint of wine to celebrate for Fat Sam.

1 Like

2 shots on target won’t win with that.

1 Like

Fixed it for you

4 Likes

That short corner in the 95th minute was really laughable, and Klopp is fighting for 5 subs because he has to keep at least 2 ready for replacing injured players. He has no idea how to influence a changing game in the second half.

1 Like