Post match: Liverpool v West Ham (ELC 25/9/24 8pm)

I was “working” at the same time as the game so could only glance up at the game every few minutes. It was refreshing to see that every time I glanced up, Jones wasn’t shit. He actually had a very good game.

1 Like

Far better 2nd half, took the game by the scruff of the neck, 1st half just a little slow in his decision, making I thought.

I’m happy to admit I have no social life.

2 Likes

Glad to see that VVD, Gravenburch and TAA rested. Glad to see limited game time to Salah, Jota and Macca.

Just a bit puzzled that Nunez is not rotated to rest…

While we’re on the subject. Poor Old Horse…

We smashed them

West ham were shit.

2 Likes

It looks like we are developing into a 1st team and 2nd team at the moment. The only places where there isn’t a clear 1st/2nd choice are left wing, where the competition is fierce, and centre forward, where Jota has his nose in front after last night.
Jones looks like he’ll be able to step up to give Macca and Dom a breather, but he’s not yet close to challenging either for their spot.
Hopefully Chiesa will get up to speed and give us a chance to rest Mo towards the end of matches.
A bit concerned about Endo and Tsimikas last night. Neither were convincing.

4 Likes

Great win last night.:smiley:
We are a strong team now and contenders for all competitions.

4 Likes

Despite certain people thinking that the world was falling apart when Jürgen left. :wink:

5 Likes

It’s only September, that said I was more sad to see him go than worried. Once Pep fucks off (which I suspect will be soon), there will be more of a level playing field… well compared to now anyway.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I thought Curtis was excellent last nigh. The run and pass for Jotas second was sublime.
Had Macca or Dom produced that there would be columns about it.

He gets a bit of stick, but he is a big part of the squad.

6 Likes

Klopp was a far better manager than Pep. It’s cheating that has changed the playing field, not Pep

12 Likes

Partially agree, yeah it was cheating that got them to where they are but they didn’t reach the level they’re currently at under Mancini or Pellegrini. Expect them to obviously still be stealing trophies once Pep leaves, but not at their current rate. Of course this is all moot if City get what they deserve with regard to the 115… 116… 117… 130… charges.

2 Likes

He has always been good. His mentality I would say is a huge strength of his. His fault is that he is not flamboyant enough for some quarters of fans, he does the simple things well like keeping possession when under pressure but as you pointed out, there are skills in him too as he shown in that run.

1 Like

The whole back line didn’t do much by the way of putting pressure on the regulars for their spot.

If Jones was able to keep himself fit, he would become so much better. He’s got bags of talent, what he’s lacking because of the constant injuries is consistency and rhythm. Like @Quicksand said, his run and pass for Jota’s second was class.

I don’t know if he would be a regular starter, but he’d surely be in contention.

6 Likes

Prior to last night he had played around 150 -160 minutes all season.

Endo did what Endo did all last season hes not going to change.

Not sure how easy it is to do that in a completely rotated backline.

1 Like