Post match: Liverpool v West Ham (ELC 25/9/24 8pm)

Collectively it would be difficult. Individually though they should have been able to impress and they didn’t. Bradley I felt was done far too easy on a number of occasions.

1 Like

I think it’s hard to impress individually if you’re going to be put in a challenging situation though? Considering that the midfield in front of them wasn’t exactly one that had a lot of time playing together in this system either.

Fair enough. I disagree, I think it’s a perfect opportunity to impress and make the boss take notice. I think Bradley was maybe trying to hard and was getting into bad positions.
Gakpo and Jota really took their chance and were excellent. Jones similar.

Apologies if its already been posted but just seen it.

Kostas doing a Phil Jones

3 Likes

Fun fact no one asked for: each of our forwards involved had at least a goal contribution.

No West Ham player scored.

4 Likes

The commentators were taking the piss out of him, saying it was an attempted header, but it wasn’t. He didn’t know where the ball was, and he just flung himself in the way, hoping to block any attempt on goal.
It looks funny from our angle, but it showed full commitment of the kind I value in a player.
Nice one Kostas!

6 Likes

The ones who came in were a mixed bag - how could they not be? It got better as the game progressed into the second half and a new look team began to find each other a bit more, and look more cohesive.

The main point for me is that we were able to make 9 changes and still win 5-1, against a decent Premier League side. That’s about as good as can be.

4 Likes

West Ham are on a real bad stretch of form. I agree that they have a decent squad though.

The Chelsea match and then the Liverpool match if anything show that they have a tactical problem.

1 Like

Curtis is the dog’s bollocks. End of story.

1 Like

Davies Moyes is a football genius.

2 Likes

Except that it’s the Spanish Moyes at the help now

2 Likes

I was mostly just having a laugh, but if there was a point it’s that they were actually better under Moyes.

1 Like

Moyes done alright in my book with West Ham.

2 Likes

Just went back and watched the highlights of their game with Chelsea - holy crap youare not wrong about tactical issues. The entire right hand side of their defence simply does not exist. Wan-Bissaka and Mavropanos aren’t even in frame in any of the goals - with Alvarez dropping in to try and help them from midfield. A total mess.

2 Likes

Reminded me quite a lot of issues that Bielsa faced with Leeds , in that game where Klopp pointed out the problem (especially the Matip goal)

These are the four Chelsea attacks (three of them goals) on the highlights package made by West Ham. I’ve highlighted Wan-Bissaka’s position on all of them (when he’s in shot at least). Two of these he literally never even gets back into the video at any point :rofl:

3 Likes

Isn’t he the best right-back in the world?

2 Likes

Thought wan-Bissaka was limited offensively, but so amazingly adept defensively that he more than made for that… guess I shouldn’t listen if to commentary during manu games anymore if I care about reality…

Or he’s checked out on his career and is just showing up for a lady fat paycheck.

It’s tactics. Lopetgui is shit. Doesn’t mean AWB is good.

1 Like