Post match: Liverpool v West Ham (EPL 5/3/22 5.30pm)

My 3 men of match: Diaz, Trent, and Mané

3 Likes

Trent MOTM for me. The decisive touch of class. Mo should have given him another assist in minute 1

5 Likes

Such a difficult win against an extremely well-drilled West Ham side with almost perfect organization.

Tough to pick an Mom in this kind of grinding win but for me it was Konate. He’s got the perfect physique for a central defender and he’s obviously benefited greatly from playing alongside vvD. The only concern for me is whether he’d be able to play this way if he’s NOT paired with vvD… but that’s a worry for another day.

Super happy for Keita who’s definitely had a start-stop career at our club. It’s truly the epitome of depth when we can have Thiago hurt but have someone with the quality of Naby Lad step in and have such a massive game for us.

The rest of the season remains to be played out… real-life drama at its best! YNWA!

5 Likes
18 Likes

Wow, that was some hard work there. Credit to West Ham for never giving up, and they almost got the reward for their efforts. How Lanzini misses his chance towards the end I’ll never know, but then again, it wasn’t a striker’s day today. Salah missed several clear-cut chances, Diaz was a bit unlucky, Mané bar his goal never really found good finishing positions. Antonio, for all his efforts and pace and strength, didn’t have much end-product too.

Fortunately, Mané’s opportunistic goal separates the two sides, phew!..

So, I’ll give my MoM to Trent for his defensive efforts and his wonderful key pass on Mané, with the other two votes going to Robbo and Hendo, who were also brilliant I thought. Mentions for Keita and Fabinho, who did a good job in midfield against strong opposition.

Another three points and another clean sheet, there’s plenty to feel very satisfied about tonight! :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Never in doubt… :no_mouth:

Diaz is awesome, Virgil was great. Striker Sadio delivers. We keep going.

4 Likes

That felt a little close for comfort at times, but a deserved win regardless.

Really glad to see the support for Ukraine before the game.

1 Like

We were pretty good in the first half apart from finishing. Second half was more of a struggle. At some point it became evident that we ran out of gas, which doesn’t bode well for the upcoming games. Back 4 were fantastic, midfield worked hard, the forwards got in each other’s way for most of the game. Still delivered though.

In any case, an excellent win against a very good team, the 12th in a row.

1 Like

Majestic!!!

Some poor performances and the ball seemed to stick to them like shit, second half we generally dealt better with the high line thing (was it the wind). Anyhow couldn’t push Becker into the goal this time and I selected Robbo when I meant Trent who along with Diaz was brilliant.

Mane also impressed, got in between them and lovely bit of Pickford arms for the goal :wink:

1 Like

3 points is 3 points. MotM, Trent and Díaz both exceptional and was also impressed with Mané playing outside his regular role.

On to Milan, then.

4 Likes

Trent Alexander-Arnold has provided 16 assists in all competitions this season for Liverpool, his best return in a campaign in his career, overtaking the 15 he achieved in both 2018-19 and 2019-20.

4 Likes

Also Zouma was like a cart horse, disappointed we didn’t get at him in the second half what with his yellow.

Nice touch by Klopp to Bowen which means some journalist will tomorrow be telling us we will be signing him.

2 Likes

I dunno why anyone would moan about that goal it was onside on the pitch, with the naked eye and then when they drew the lines.

You can’t give it offside because you don’t like the team, unless you are Chris Kavangh.

8 Likes

3 massive points, particularly given the problems they caused us earlier in the season.

That’s 50/50

It depends if he was going for hte left or right ball

1 Like

If you were to call Inter ‘Milan’ in an Inter Milan fan’s hearing, I’m guessing that he would have a major problem with that :laughing:

2 Likes

Three points, post game, and all is well.

During the game… too sloppy! We could have scored two in the first 2—3 mins. We gave up lots of good goal scoring chances too, and on another day West Ham could have scored 2–3 themselves. Our strikers all wanted a goal, and took stuff on and forced it, when they would have been better with more composure, and picking each other out.

We can chew over the bones and have a little go at a few of them, but there’s no point. Klopp and the coaches can do that as needed.

A win is a win. Three points.

Diaz gets my MOTM. Shows for the ball. Puts his foot in. And when he gets it he has pace, skill, tricks, strength… there’s more to come from him, but from the very start of his time here you can see he can play. Looks excellent.

2 Likes

Another win but where’s my prediction of 3-0?
It’s your fault Salah you weren’t very good today.

1 Like
8 Likes