Post Match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 1/3/23 8pm) UP THE REDS! WE GO!

Much improved in the second half. The first half was pretty frustrating as Wolves were very well organized and Mo was just running into a wall all the time.

Perhaps as important as the three points was the fourth clean sheet in a row. Getting more solid defensively although the defence was a bit shaky to start with in this game. I think we’ll do Utd on Sunday but it’ll be a struggle. Fourth place is possible but we have to hope Brighton lose form. Four points behind with two games in hand and a relatively easy run of games coming up.

3 Likes

When the hot masseur turned up?

Anyway I took a peak at the table after the game for the first time in weeks. A little more comforting but a long way to go still. Oh to beat United next would be immense.

4 Likes

After the Palace draw, many were asking me why I was seeing positives…@Arminius :slight_smile:
I was simply making the point that we are slowly improving and more and more 1st team players are returning.
10 out of 12 and 4 clean sheets. Ha.

4 Likes

Not played to his usual high standard, I’ll agree with (although he’s still quality, dangerous). Not put in enough effort? A complete nonsense comment. Most likely been knackered.

1 Like

Why have many others commented on his effort especially when tracking back, so utter tripe from you saying its a nonsense comment!!

Also why was his effort far more noticeable today especially his sprints?

I couldn’t care less how many people have said it. Are you just copying them?
King and his new clothes comes to mind. Trent is fantastic. I’m not having otherwise.
You are free to think he doesn’t care. That’s your perogative.

I never said he didn’t care and if you have read any of my posts, I make my own mind up and never follow the crowd.

So do talk nonsense as you put it

Why would his effort be below par? What reason would you give?

Using others to try and back up your comment.

Nonsense? Ok :+1:

See the Trent part of the forum

Tell you what, I’m loving Bajetic and how he looks after the ball. Full of confidence. Allison pinged a pass into him, he had 2 players around him, just opened his body up, got away from them and played a lovely pass. He’s gonna be a monster for us.

3 Likes

Saw it

Thought Elliott was excellent too, apart from his finishing of course.

Sorry didn’t mean to reply you just then. It was a general comment.

Agreed, he works is socks off but at times things didn’t/don’t work out, but he just has to believe and keep doing what comes naturally.

1 Like

Agree that the ref and commentators were terrible.
I thought Dawson made a red card tackle on Jota in the first half. Tierney allowed Wolves to fly into dangerous tackles.

Commentator I had said he saw Liverpool’s demise coming in the last game of the season against Wolves. Every single comment was pro Wolves and against LFC . Laughable. Stealing a living.

1 Like

The disallowed goal was a joke. Jota was pushed, not deliberately but the push made him lose his balance. So if Jota fouled, then he was fouled, so it should have been a peno. But play advantage, so goal to us.

3 Likes

That was nicely done by Bajetic. Can see the influence that Thiago is having on him.

3 Likes

It’s funny watching the full game already knowing the final score. You pick up on so much stupidity.
Right near thd end the commentator said that Lopetegui had to take the blame for Wolves’ loss for playing his cards early and making the wrong subs. Like I said, stealing a living.

1 Like

I probably saw a different match than most people on this site did. I thought we were really poor, midfield was slow and predicatable, no movement without the ball. I can’t fault Salah for effort, but from being considered “best in the world” - now every left back in the PL deals with him with ease. Jota on his best days ( which he is still miles away from ) is a poacher - this was never the match for him. Outside of the 5 minutes we scored ( and let’s face it, VVD mistimed his first header ) we played awful and barely caused and problems. The only thing worse than Liverpol today were Wolves , who were simply abysmal.
I don’t know what is happening in training, but how awful are Curtis Jones and Ox if after the continuing performance of our midfiled they still can’t get a chance.

Obviously a wum.

2 Likes