Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 22/5/22 4pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Naby KEITA
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Sadio MANE
  • James MILNER
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Roberto FIRMINO

0 voters

YEah we won the title!

2 Likes

Unused Subs: Kelleher, Van Dijk, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Elliott

:arrows_counterclockwise: 45’ James MILNER :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Thiago ALCANTARA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 58’ Mo SALAH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Diogo JOTA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 70’ Roberto FIRMINO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Naby KEITA

:soccer: 24’ Sadio MANE (assist Thiago ALCANTARA)

:soccer: 84’ Mohamed SALAH (assist Joel MATIP)

:soccer: 89 Andrew ROBERTSON (assist Roberto FIRMINO)

1 Like

At least we didn’t draw :+1:t3:

7 Likes

schadenfreude

pleasure derived by someone from another person’s misfortune.

“a business that thrives on schadenfreude”

Every single manc in the pub today. The shattering and glorious irony.

It hurts more because it was so close. But we have the UCL to win nx week.

2 Likes

Seeing that Villa went 2-0 up and lost 3-2 is EXACTLY why I didn’t watch. When will we learn. :rofl:

7 Likes

We did what we had to , Villa choked in 5 minutes.

Our performance wasn’t great. But it is what it is.

4 Likes

Please Thiago be okay

6 Likes

At the end of the day, did all we could do. Rest your legs, boys. Glory next weekend.

12 Likes

Brilliant season, everyone should be proud regardless

15 Likes

Huge shame that Villa weren’t able to do us a favour. Well done the lads, get ready for Paris next weekend and get Thiago on that treatment table ASAP. Did us proud

1 Like

Really good win from the lads given the aggravated circumstances of having a few key players out.

Abu Dhabi did their job unfortunately and overcame an out of form Villa side as expected. The fact that they were two goals down doesn’t change anything to it, apart from adding a bit spice to our game at some point.

I won’t congratulate them though, they are all about financial cheating, and probably more than that. Some ref decisions going in their favour during the season smell corruption. So for me, their titles don’t have any value. Fuck them.

As for our lads, they can be really proud: 92 points is a truly brilliant landmark to reach for a team playing by the rules and not practicing systematic cheating. Well done, truly well done!

15 Likes

We look so shattered as a team the past few games that the CL final is a concern. Anyway, AV gave their best, Mane MOTM for me.

3 Likes

Proud of the 92 points, Villa at least gave it a go, hopefully Thiago can make next Saturdays final.

9 Likes

Amazing season (not even over yet). Almost pulled of the unthinkable. 3 out of 4 season with 90+ points.

7 Likes

The agonizing part is that they seem to get all the breaks in the League — all the times they’ve won it by the skin of their teeth on the last weekend. For us to win the PL we had to run away with it. Obviously we’re in a different spot than the last time we were in this position in that we don’t have the 30-year albatross around our necks, so I expect us to be right back in the hunt this year, but still doesn’t make it any less frustrating.

We did all we could, 92 points is a hell of an achievement. Still, this one stings.

5 Likes

9 Likes