Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 6/12/20 7.15pm)

Maybe but you’re going on longer. Nice one again with the perfect splash of pretentionousness.

3 Likes

The Kop back singing, and a performance to match.

3 points, clean sheet, returning players, control of the game, and a Champions League game coming up in which the kids and lesser spotted players can get some game time.

2 Likes

Have you heard of this magic of modern technology called “ctrl+c --> ctrl+v”?

7 Likes

You’ll be pleased to hear I won’t be here on Wednesday night, then.

2 Likes

I’m in awe about the cohesion and stability of this Liverpool squad. The absolute proof of the stonecold professional work at the facilities and by all departments throughout the last years.

There is a distinct system and style of play with a very wide spectrum of gameplans on display and everybody looks totally in tune with the programm. Remarkable.

Kelleher is my MOTM tonight - hasn’t put a foot wrong in a very difficult situation , as in forged in fire - I’m really impressed.
Hendo and Jones are the runner ups , but it could have been everybody today really. Teamwork writ large without any ego displays.

I wonder if the ridiculous injury crisis might in an ironic way be just the kind of medicine we needed to galvanize the team again and stamp out any hint of slacking.
The levels of pulling together and “pushing the train” are undeniably on display during recent weeks.

Impossible not to love this football club !

15 Likes

The Klopp fist pump is back… Woohoo…

14 Likes

What a difference our supporters make! Even 2k of them transform the place and also our team completely. Finally a game played with high intensity over the 90 minutes, and the result reflects this: 4-0 with four great goals!

As I wrote this, Klopp went towards the Kop and brandished his fist towards the supporters. He’ll have enjoyed that after the fans drought of the last months!

My MoM: Hendo. A true giant. But that doesn’t mean that he was alone in playing well. Kelleher was perfect although he hadn’t to do that much, but he resolved the few dangerous situations brilliantly, and generally didn’t put a foot wrong.

The center-back pairing was highly impressive, Robbo the never-tiring Duracell-bunny, Gini with his piledriver to seal the game, Jones with a cool, composed performance, and our front three in full flow, all three of them!

Williams too was good. After getting that early yellow card, he was permanently targeted by the Wolves players. Traoré even moved on the left for the second half, in order to run him ragged, but Williams grew and grew into the game, and dealt with everything thrown at him. Well done, lad! :+1:t2:

To cap the four goals and the clean sheet off, Trent comes back and gets 30 minutes under his belt (with a sensational assist to boot). Yeah!!!

21 Likes

Class interview, Gini. Keep smiling, scoring, and signing.

9 Likes

Poor young keeper is so green we couldn’t even spell name right on back of shirt.

4 Likes

As long as it isn’t for another club.

2 Likes

we well and truly fucked them up!!!

2 Likes

The other club lost to Cadiz or something of that nomenclature

stop askin gini about his contract

1 Like

Yes, everyone else.

This is our league to lose.

Deal with it.

9 Likes

Yo tell Chris Wilder, @SBYM. Atta lad.

3 Likes

That was a good performance, our lads seemed to have an extra yard of pace due to the supporters present.
Just good performances all over the field against a good team that’s solid in defences and offers great movement in attack yet we come out with a clean sheet (must admit they moved the ball around well however their last balls were off).

MOTM Matip? his head was useful and don’t you feel he’s getting more involved and vocal?, Robertson nah! he always plays like that, Henderson everywhere again, Jones positioned really well defensively (how many interceptions did he manage just outside our area tonight) as well as offering a lot in posession, Mané just never stops does he? ???
I went for Henderson he’s the boss, Mané probably the best on the field tonight and Jones very impressive

Should i mention Kelleher? No it’s only his second match. :grinning:

5 Likes

MOM is Kelleher . considering this is his first start this was a mature and strong performance.
the switch between Hendo and Gini was a positive move . TAA is back with an assist .
Great to actually have subs on the bench and hopefully more next week

3 Likes

Caoimhin continued his baby steps as league debutant in commanding style and his two fledgeling nestmates were not to be outdone. Despite his potential if Jones at some point in his future career puts in a performance so clearly dominant as our skipper’s, he can count himself fortunate. Hendo may just have broken the MOTM poll.

4 Likes

TAA misses a few weeks comes back and nonchalantly makes the perfect assist within minutes of coming on.

I just love this team.

11 Likes

Leicester scored in the last minute to beat Wilder’s team and deny them their second PL point. I had a vision of Klopp fist-pumping when he saw that!

5 Likes