Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 6/12/20 7.15pm)

Henderson isn’t a scouser. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Absolutely fantastic, I went for Salah along with Gini and Robbo who was far more busy again however none of the lads deserve not to be picked from the young goalkeeper to Firmino up top everyone played a part in a tricky fixture.

Comfortable and it was delightful to hear the Klopp, also Ally McCoist is a vast improvement on most in the commentary box.

Even VAR did what it should do, and not what it shouldn’t, have to say when I saw Mane withdraw his leg my relief was high.

Anyhow nothing much went for us this weekend and this was a tough team and a tough fixture but we saw it off and excellent to see the Klopp back, thanks Steve Rotherham for getting the city back in tier two.

I would have chose Hendo but I choose Hendo nearly every week, delightful to see TAA and Keita back as well.

10 Likes

Great performance. Also, fuck Chelsea. Fulham will be shaking in their boots :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Trent and Conor are. :joy:

1 Like

Coady isn’t. He’s from St Helens.

2 Likes

Gini’s axial play was excellent

6 Likes

He has the accent so good enough for me. :joy: :heart:

When there are so many votes for different players, not just 3-4 like usual, you know it has been a good game. Our second half was brilliant. I had a lot of fun watching us.

12 Likes

Zero complaints from me on this one. FFS even VAR worked!!!

Tight call between Henderson and Gini as MotM in my opinion but I tink the Captain just shaves it.

Good performances from Kelleher and Robertson as well I thought.

12 Likes

Man, this fucking team. Every week looks like a banana skin, still down to the bones, some running on empty…and yet every week they just dig deep and do the business.
Everything a positive tonight, Trent and Keita back, Kelleher solid again, Hendo and Gini bossing centre-mid, no injuries and a week off for most before Fulham next week.
We seem to slip into top gear in December the last few years, can’t remember the last point we dropped.

4 Likes

I have one question, why was Conor Coady not booked for OBVIOUS diving? Aren’t they encouraging egregious diving by letting these guys off the hook for clear-cut cases such as these?

8 Likes

Bobby, great to have you with us but go and get your rub down

10 Likes

Valid point. We have to be thankful for what we get. Baby steps.

1 Like

Really enjoyed that, especially the atmosphere generated by having some fans back. I think Klopp and the team were re-energized by having them back.
Quality performances all round but for me the Skipper was MoM, literally the heart and soul of this side.

10 Likes

Certainly was, those 3 CM’s we had on from the start were magnificent tonight.
The best was that axial run picked out by an under pressure Hendo resulting in a fine strike hitting the top far corner. (Btw their keeper was badly positionned however I think Gini had the beating of him what ever). :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Their keeper got a lucky a few times either side on a couple of shots from Jones and Mane and it’s 6 at least

3 Likes

The Kop was mom in my opinion. So good to see the crowd back. It was as if the Kop sucked the ball into the net. And the youngsters are coming along well.

2 Likes

I was wary of this game, not losing, but losing a point! Thinking, if they doesn’t score in the first, 20 minutes od each half, we should win, especially when Jota comes in, and they get tired, mostly Moutnho, and also having a small bench…
When Esp Sant brought Adama on the left, mistake!-I knew we will win this one, regardless of the obvious, he can’t play at the left flank!
We got the second early in the second, and that was the end!
Another game of extreme support for each other on the pitch!
Great to see that Mo and Mane didn’t look like a bickering couple…they need a workaround :innocent: a bit, and things will get much better on the pitch,
…I thought we will receive another VAR blunder…not nice from Coady, it was written all over his face
It will be hectic in the few weeks ahead. We have nice streak of games. Just need to prepare a recipe fot “park the bus”,
All the best guys!

3 Likes

It doesn’t get much better than what we were treated to today! Having fans finally back, hearing the chants and cheers, watching our Reds destroy the Wolves, watching Klopp giving his fist wave to the Kop! Wow, just Wow! I had goosebumps…This team amazes me to no end. A bright shining light in the bleak night! I hope it continues to get better for our Reds, the fans, the UK, and the USA where right now things are pretty dismal! Thank you Liverpool!

8 Likes

Thought Fabinho had an excellent game so he is my MotM. Good to see the support, hear the songs and see van Dijk at the game.

Now give most of them rest on Wednesday and we see them back against Fulham on Sunday.

11 Likes