Post match: Liverpool v Wolves (EPL 6/12/20 7.15pm)

Fair play to the wolves manager honest as usual.

10 Likes

I was pooping myself at the start of the second half as my commentators were saying that Wolves are strongest in the second half scoring most of the time then. Just so happened that the space that creates just makes it easier for our lads. :smiley:

They, the commentators, also left long pauses of silence to soak up the atmoshere. That kind of respect is so delicious.

5 Likes

It has been a while since we had a performance where 3 MoM left me feeling at least three others were getting short shrift. Kelleher was assured, did the same thing that Becker does for the defence, and that is stunning when you think about it. Defence was generally very solid, I had to give Matip a vote, but Fabinho was exceptional. After a shaky start, Williams rode with the punches and gave Traore nothing when they switched him over to target. Over on the other side, Robertson was superb. Midfield, same story, Henderson and Wijnaldum were exceptional, could give it either of them, while Jones is simply fitting in and delivering. We are seeing serious minutes from the academy now. Forwards some how did not quite do it for me - wait, hang on, the forwards were not quite clicking in a 4-0?

16 Likes
4 Likes

To be fair I did think Mane and Salah had busy games they were a lot more lively than usual.

2 Likes

Mane was getting triple-teamed at times! Salah scored, and Firmino had the kind of game we need from him.

4 Likes

Salah even tracked back :wink:

3 Likes

From “they’re screwed, they couldn’t even keep clean sheets with van Dijk” to “haven’t conceded in the PL from open play in almost a month.”

6 Likes

@Alright_Now Gini prooved tonight that axial play is much better for him than all this running down the wing stuff that the others do. :wink:

(In reference to your prematch mention of me)

1 Like

The Oxford Word of the Year is an annual announcement. I suggest that we inaugurate a TAN equivalent and propose axial as the first winner.

5 Likes

MOM the Kop. On Peacock over here (which is rubbish) Beglin and the other commentator were quite emotional, saying just 2000 of them made a noise like 20000 others. It was when Si Senor was ringing out, it was brilliant.

If I have to go for actual players and not the twelfth man, I’m giving it to Kelleher. Some good saves, looked assured and mature beyond his years. Kicks it well with both feet. Everything you could hope for so far. Establishing himself as first deputy to Alisson. Yo Adrian… might need to think about another gig!

I could name another half dozen players, but I will go with Wijnaldum, always showing for the ball, passing neat and tidy, knits a lot together in that midfield, and a lovely finish right into the top corner.

And then let’s say Fabinho, some good tackles, stopped a probable goal for Coady too, well played.

Made up. Well done you red men. Heavy rotation coming up, some well earned rest for these boys, and onwards and upwards. Looking good.

6 Likes

The 12 men is back! VAR is working properly for once!

What a match. With the small crowd cheering our boys on, there were no passengers. And I love the The Boss gave the 3 arm pumps to the supporters at the Kop. That gave me goose bumps.

If there were any ceremonies before the match, I missed them, unfortunately. Nothing to fret, I am sure there will be something posted on social media. Please, someone, please, post them!

I have no complains to any of the boys. They were relentless once again. From “Kevin” to the front 3. Neco was not too fazed even after a very early yellow (no way that was a yellow card, stupid ref). The back 4 were very solid. Wow, what an interception from Fabinho and took the ball away from “I have a horrendous match Cody”. Matip with the “I have a great defensive game and scored a beautiful header”, that is literally having the cake and eat it too. No words to describe how good our Captain Hendo, vice Captain Gini (wow, what a cracker of a goal) and almost new kid on the block Jonesy. For the front 3, the commentator also noticed that Bobby is getting his mojo back. Mo had an assist and a goal. Really too bad that Sadio did not get the goal, which was probably the one of the most passes by our boys.

My 3 picks:

1. Hendo: He was everywhere, usual spot on forward passes. Provided coverage for the young Neco.
  2. Robbo: This guy is a machine! So full of energy. I think that the commentator quoted Mourinho said that he got tired just by watching Robbo.
  3. Gini: Give the man a contract already (or just sign the contract already). Together with Hendo and Jones, the centre of the park was impervious. What a goal as well.

Big shout out to pretty much everyone on the pitch, plus the subs!

9 Likes

Pleased to see someone else also recognised the graft and craft of Curtis Jones. What a great asset he is proving to be.
Hard to pick a MOTM tonight , just so many good performances. It really is amazing how the team has continued to consistently put together winning performances considering all the injuries and the fact that we have suffered twice as many bad VAR decisions as any other club. ( as per ESPN stats)

4 Likes

To everyone who sang “Campeones,” I was living vicariously through all of you.

12 Likes

Great game and result. Trent and Keita back today. With Shaq, Alison, Milner, Thiago and Ox back soon we will go again stronger with so much confidence and fans coming back in is a huge boost. I still hope Van Dyk will play again for us this season and hopefully it’s a title winning one. Joint top with so many injuries which could have well derailed our season. I will take that.

2 Likes

Interesting. Recent winners have included: climate emergency, toxic, youthquake and post-truth.

1 Like

None of which can hold a candle to axial.

3 Likes

A stroll in the park for the boys. Everyone gave it 100% in a great performance against a decent team. Another clean sheet for the kid in goal and the back four. Gave my vote to Robbo after another lung busting performance. It could have been any of them.

Dominant performance. Great to see the supporters back. Henderson was imperious. Jones becoming quite a tidy player.

1 Like

Coady cheating bastard should have seen yellow. Sort of takes the satisfaction out of our first VAR saving; if there was no contact its fucking yellow. Went down like an unarmed comrade at Stalingrad.

3 Likes