Post match: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 10/4/22 4.30pm)

Very disappointed with the way Liverpool played today. Were lucky to come up with a point. The race is still on!

2 Likes

credit to both sets of players… brilliant game that… love how players instantly switch off after the final whistle and become huggy huggy and palley palley…" so how is your family back home" lol etc… its nice to see its jus a fuckin game

4 Likes

After 15 mins i thought we were on with another drubbing, but we kept at it even with a dismal first half display.

Much better seconds half, and 2-2 will do me i think.

KDB though is another level of footballer at times.

1 Like

To be fair, we did play against a fantastic team so we got punished hard when we lost the ball, but yeah, we have played better away this season. But I am not sure this was among the worst really given the opposition.

4 Likes

We couldn’t cope with the Shitty press in the first half. The disappointing thing for me was when we snuff out the danger, we would lose the ball straightaway, meaning we were under the cosh for long periods.

At Anfield, Shitty came back into the game twice, and we’ve done the same in this game.

5 Likes

My face is warm and my hands are cold. State of emergency.

Very happy with the result, great point this. Now get back to beating the other teams, and hope they draw one.

3 Likes

I really thinks that Hyperbole. This is Manchester City. We’re not going to get to swagger our way through that. Putting aside the cheating, they are a superb football team. They were exceptional in the first half.

10 Likes

That was us at full stretch. Easy to say we didn’t play well but they are just a very good side and we’ve done well to get a point there. It’s still on.

4 Likes

Win the seven we’ve got left and I think we win the league.

11 Likes

Agreed. It’s like people have forgotten that they’ve bought dozens of good players for a lot of money…

3 Likes

Both teams looked tired at the end of the game and well said about the end of the game and players, you give it all on the pitch, thats what matters

3 Likes

Would have taken that at kick off. Got to say, if that lot had got to where they are without the financial doping then I’d have nothing but respect for them. The pace they play, the speed they get back into shape, the work rate and skill in possession is phenomenal.

KdB is a glorious player that does the hard stuff as well as being a magician with the ball. That pass for the Mahrez chance at the end was sumptuous. If we could find us a player like him…

That said, we went toe to toe with them and gave as good as we got despite a couple of sub par performances. Matip was great, looked like a different Mane second half and Henderson did so much to drag us into the front foot. He was goosed but no surprise to see us lose momentum after he went off.

Moment of the game was watching Pep lose his shit at us sticking in yet another cynical foul as they tried to break. Doesn’t like it when the shoe is on the other foot does he.

6 Likes

It’s sort of indirectly still in our hands, rip them apart at Wembly and it will effect them.

4 Likes

I agree. My heart was in my mouth for much of this match. Thought both teams had chances to win it, so a draw’s probably a fair result.

Did anyone else think Trent should’ve had a go at goal with that last free kick though? Ederson was miles away and there was only one (and a half) in the wall.

1 Like

Yep, they’ll drop. The FA cup and its ramifications now become very interesting. Throw it to give them extra games?

Obvious tactics from us was to let their defenders have the ball. Stand off, and only engage when they try to play the pass into midfield.

Jota scored the goal well, but in the second half, when Silva came to get the ball at the CB position to disrupt our tactic, Jota should’ve then engaged him.

What happened instead was Jota allowed Silva to get his head up and he would play the ball out wide, and SHitty would then have a 5 v 5 situation developing.

1 Like

That was absolutely draining. That’s me fucked for the evening.

7 Likes

Citeh were much the better team and they actually defended much better than they used to against us. If they had a clinical striker they could possibly overcome their CL chokeyness. Just have to hope they drop points somewhere but fear it’s just like 18-19 again (hopefully we get the CL!). To be honest I’m not sure what we do to win in FA Cup next weekend but I’d like to see us try something super aggressive - we are better off trying something psychologically to fuck up Pep (both for the league but also were we to face them again in the CL final also at Wembley) and if we lose then we can win our 'game in hand’s to put pressure back on citeh.

Hopefully the dopers have something happen to fuck them off

4 Likes

Were they? I felt we basically allowed them to look good, our pressing was none existant, we kept passing it straight back to them. This wasn’t even due to their brilliant pressing, it was multiple unforced errors. The amount of times our front 3 just gave up possession just as our midfield were joining the attack leading to a City counter was around 10+ times.

2nd half when we kept the ball it was an even contest.

They were and they are I agree. We were poor on an equal measure I felt.

Got a bit better though but the midfield didn’t quite come together for me today. Fabinho grew into the game a little as we tightened up but none of the 3 can turn round and say that was their best game by quite some distance. City do make it difficult to dominate that area though.

I still think City are garbage at the back. They can be sliced open with ease if you can get the ball in good areas.

2 Likes