Post match: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 10/4/22 4.30pm)

Just had a sneaky look at BM…fuming about Taylor and VAR…:laughing:

3 Likes

Breathe Chill Out GIF by KreativCopy

Good result, especially given that we were haphazard at times. Benfica midweek should be a doddle before doing this all over again.

Wonder if pep and the media will cry as much about the flares their fans were throwing in the first as they do about our lads.

3 Likes

On the whole a little disappointed that we don’t have much nuance in the way we play. We just decided to try and go toe to toe with them. Oh well. The 2nd best result we could have hoped for

2 Likes

I lost the plot when VVD intercepted Raheem Stirling when one on one, and Trent was a yard behind and seemed to freeze and not respond to the now free ball with Stirling seemingly just had to stand up and take it.

5 Likes

Think that game shows that we need a new younger defensive minded defender. Hendo looked miles of the level required for such a game and with Naby being the only sub really Jürgen tried to milk all he could get out of Hendo. Get a younger better player in and we look much stronger. Need Mo to sort this contract out importantly though he’s been off it.

2 Likes

Not sure who to call as the MOM. So i am not voting. There were mistakes made by almost all players…

Imagine how pathetic they are that they’re fuming about VAR getting those decisions right…

That’s the only draw this season I can live with. Next week we can take them all the way to penalties but if we’re honest, it’s going to take a huge improvement to win that game in normal time. Thiago, Alisson and Sadio shone for me. Trent was guilty of the strangest decisions I can remember from him

4 Likes

Okay, a draw is a draw.

Focus on getting through to the CL semi, and then a free hit against Man City in the FA Cup.

Then keep grinding in the league and see where we end up.

1 Like

whatdaheck

9 Likes

Don’t get the negativity. We’re going head to head with an oligarch sportwashing behemoth. These are glory days and massive games that we’ll remember when we’re old. Proud of the boys

12 Likes

lucious lyon wtf GIF

4 Likes

No way. Go hammer and tongs at them and win the tie.

8 Likes

Insane , this the only team that can play better than us especially at home . Very poor first half but still had the quality to score. Much better 2nd half i would loved us to win but draw is fair because they are an amazing team although i think the refs in general let them get away with many fouls when they are trying to win the ball .
TAA hi first half defensive performance was very poor but great 2nd half
Salah is million miles from his usual form today was the day should have made the difference
game plan first half could have been better 442 maybe

Well so much for all the “if we play like that against City we’ll get destroyed” talk. We played ‘that way’ and we drew.

7 Likes

Yeah…I was planning on getting a training session in. Might just settle for a walk…my head hurts.

Also, for all this “Pep is a genius” bullshit, he literally copied the tactics Real did against us last season.

10 Likes

Not a perfect result but not a disaster by any stretch of the imagination. Voted for the goal scorers as MotM. In fact Mané impressed me overall. The first one we conceded was bum luck but we really need to clear the ball faster. So many times we were just giving the ball away practically in the box.

We need to do a job midweek against Benfica but it’s this lot again in 6 days. I’m interested to see how we start for that one.

2 Likes

It’s a question not a statement.

2 Likes
6 Likes