Post match: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 10/4/22 4.30pm)

If City are in the FA cup, does that reduce their league performance slightly? Worth the risk? We don’t now have control, we need every advantage we can get.

1 Like

No. Trust in the team to put it across to city and play to win every game.

5 Likes

The draw was fair. I wish I could say we deserved more but it’s difficult to make that case.

Trent had a 'mare of a first half but I thought he was exemplary in the second. He gets one of my votes. But I am voting Mané as my MOTM. I thought he was fantastic second half and played that covering defensive role against KDB in the first really well.

1 Like

It’s so unfair for them. They can’t catch a break at all.

Oh except their entire post 2008 existence.

5 Likes

Throw a SF so that Shitty have a measly one extra game? Words fail me smh

8 Likes

Pick yourselves up and move on to the next one. YNWA

6 Likes

I suppose a draw was a fair result, we not great for the first half but improved a lot in the second, it could have went either way so nothing changes. Onwards and upwards.

3 Likes

The bromance between pep and klopp despite pep being a total cunt is…

2 Likes

City were very lucky, we didn’t play well.

3 Likes

I ran a half marathon this morning, I can safely say watching that was tougher :joy:

7 Likes

There is always an elements of swings and roundabouts to this - where does an opponents good end and our bad performance begin?

For me, I always think you have to give the opposition credit. City suffocated that opening 20mins, and simply didn’t allow us to get going.

10 Likes

I’d swap an FA Cup for 5% advantage in the PL. Not that it can be quantified like that but I want 20, by far the most important thing.

More like Pep wants very badly to be as loved as Klopp and Klopp thinks hes s weird little fucker

3 Likes

I don’t think they are best mates, but there is undoubtedly professional admiration between them.

Personally I wish he’d just fuck off. I’d almost give him a European Cup if I thought he’d do one after winning it.

7 Likes

A very difficult game against truly top-class opposition. I got the feeling that neither team has had much practice against playing another that is so very good; they’re mostly busy steamrolling substandard opposition. Got the feeling both sides were surprised how good the opponent was!
Obviously not happy we didn’t win but I think we were lucky to get a point. 7 games is plenty for weird stuff to happen and I remain hopeful. YNWA!

3 Likes

Different team second half. To come away with a point against a very good City side, after not playing our A game, is some comfort. City now have a tough away match against Athletico while we have a relatively straightforward home tie with Benfica mid week. Next Saturday at Wembley is going to be juicy.

2 Likes

I’ll take some comfort in the ease in which we carved them open when we got the ball in good areas.

More than a little concerned at how they did the same to us mind.

3 Likes

its nice to see isnt it… im grinning from ear to ear lol…im such an idiot

1 Like

Don’t forget our opponents today are very good… just watch them, they’re totally unflappable I’d say they are probably the best team we can possibly face

2 Likes

One point is a relief after that performance. First half was almost as bad as the one at Anfield. City were fantastic, but we allowed them to do pretty much everything they wanted. Applying little to no pressure on the ball with a high line is a recipe for disaster against most teams, let alone them. And the number of unforced errors was infuriating.

Second half was substantially better. Defended better and were more in control but there was still plenty of room for improvement. All in all, it wasn’t the performance that you’d expect in the most important game of the season so far.

No one had a particular stand out game except perhaps for Mane in the second half. It’s been a long time since he’s looked that good. On the other hand, Fabinho was dreadful in the first half and just about passable in the second. Lucky as well to have avoided a red. The backline looked out of sorts for most of the game but it wasn’t helped by the midfield’s inability both to cover them and keep the ball. The forwards did ok considering the circumstances. Salah far from his best but still provided a sublime assist. Jota did what he does. Got a goal and pretty much nothing else of note.

We are still in the race for the title but for the semifinal, Klopp will have to change something. Our last two games against them haven’t gone to plan. In fact, quite the opposite.

5 Likes