POST MATCH: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 8/11/20 4.30pm)

That was schoolboy defending by Trent, showing Jesus inside into his favoured leg… Horrible…

2 Likes

Will take a point considering De Brune’s pen miss… Having said that we could have sealed it in first half had we started either Shaq or Keita or Jones instead of Jota or Bobby… I haven’t seen our mid completely knackered - could be due to fixtures but more to do with the formation… Two in mid covering acres… I hope Klopp rotates between our front 4 rather than start everybody at the same time…

2 Likes

A bit strange first post. Trent did well overall. Opponent is ultra good, don’t forget.

3 Likes

The wild west shootout formation looked like it would work for the first 20 minutes. Credit to them; they adjusted, upped their game and defended well. 2nd half the bog took the sting out of it. Can’t fault any of our guys. I would have preferred Jota in front of goal and Firmino behind him, which might also have worked defensively. Matip was excellent, yes, given he usually takes a couple to become sharp. Let’s not forget Gomez. Everyone was swearing at him weeks ago. Very solid now.

4 Likes

Good point but a feeling of what might have been after the first 20. Matip solid on his return, hopefully Trent can spew Ingurland and get 2 weeks rest.
Mane, Hendo and Matip MOTM. Sterling is still a snide little cunt.

5 Likes

Still don’t agree with the handball penalty. Running back full pace, Twist your body and rotate to avoid handling. If on the goal line, then fair enough. But out there, just stupid.

Just not cricket, is it.

Anyway, first 30 minutes of the game was excellent. But can’t keep that pace all game.

2 Likes

[quote=“Dutch, post:32, topic:1181, full:true”] thouth the ref was excellent.
[/quote]

He really wasn’t.
Penalty for “handball” by Gomez.
City player with hands up and no pen second half.
So no, he was far from excellent.

3 Likes

Jesus had a very nice interview there with his broken English. Very fair and honest.

2 Likes

You really need to let me kick your ass on that peloton soon. Hendo was magnificent. I enjoy your posts lol

4 Likes

That was a good point, we looked (they did as well) well fucked after 50 mins. Pity we conceded soo much possession there after but our 442 allowed us to conserve energy.
Thought Gomez and Matip were good (except Matips occassional wayward pass, needs to get back into it).
One thought though niether Firmino nor Salah are good at the moment so starting them both is risky and in that match probably cost us as they had chances they just didn’t grasp. At this level I don’t believe you can carry 2 players. We normally just carry Salah.
Shame about Wijnaldums error on their goal otherwise (outside a few poor touches) a good game from him where he was finding acres of space in the 1st half.
Not dissappointed with the draw as we looked fucked and needed to conserve energy.

2 Likes

A point at city is never a bad performance… come on mate

5 Likes

Excellent first half of football and then it was just coasting to the finish line from the two sides. We had the chance to win it in the first half with our chances. Jota had a couple of half chances that if it wasn’t for the weather I think he would’ve gotten off with a cleaner hit. Bobby was better, but still not old bobby yet. I think playing Jota in the false 9 is better than Bobby at the moment. The Fab 4 played alright today, had some chances and we got off the hook with KDB missed penalty, how often do you see that.
City and us are the best teams in England, and at the end of the season I have no doubt it will be these two teams at the summit of the table.

I so wish they can cancel the international games with all the trouble containing covid. Someone is gonna get sick while away on duty and then come back having to be in quarantine.

Back against Leicester in two weeks

YNWA

2 Likes

I can’t wait to put Brendan back in his place lol.

2 Likes

I’ll take the point keeps us in a good position and have played a fair few of the tougher games with both Chelsea and Man City on the road having taken 4pts.

Only downside is TAA but hopefully it keeps him out of the international break and little else.

It seems an age since the last international break when we were having to console ourselves having been whipped 7-2, I’ll happily take this result over a better side any day especially with what we have been missing.

5 Likes

Erm. Not sure if you’re trolling.

I actually think the 4 4 2 worked defensively as we denied the switch of play and there full backs getting forward but offensively it hurt us. One point away is more than we have got lately

2 Likes

What? :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah, agreed. I don’t get that thinking. Our players and coaches are not wizards and we have several injuries that break up our rhythm. Manchester City is an incredibly good team, it is just wrong to judge us as if we played against a mid-table team…

3 Likes

Yeah, sometimes you have to appreciate the quality of opposition and that was a wonderful piece of skill by Jesus. At times you are just beaten against those.

8 Likes

Right? Sometimes the opponent just displays some quality. Thought it was a great performance

5 Likes