POST MATCH: Man City v Liverpool (EPL 8/11/20 4.30pm)

Credit to both sides…both teams trying to play football the right way in very testing conditions.

3 Likes

Happy with the first 8 games of the season with away games against top 6 rivals Man City and Chelsea as well as derby game against Everton,

4 Likes

Well said.

3 Likes

Thought the first half was fantastic and we were the slightly better team. Felt like the weather influenced proceedings in the second and the game would be won or lost due to a mistake. So we called the press off after taking Bobby off, battened the hatches, and left them in eleventh.

6 Likes

Jurgen knows the premiership is ours for the taking if we remain consistent in our play…

However, thinking ahead, we meet them in the CL latter stages that a goal away from home is vital.!
Todays formation was akin to moving new furniture into our free apartment space inside Pep’s head to remind him how easy we will take these fools down when it really matters…

6 Likes

Long discussion about the penalty against Joe, they feel it is wrong the only thing for me was that Joe tried to get his arm out of the way but I understand with today’s rules whilst it was given

1 Like

I don’t think that’s fair. Jesus didn’t mean that touch and he got very lucky the way it fell to him.

6 Likes

I think we can be happy with a point from that one. Could have gone either way given the chances…
Little bit worried about the mounting casualty list…glad we have the break for once!

1 Like

Also Trent had 2 players to watch as there was another player unmarked behind him, so had to half cover both bases

1 Like

The City player had his arm’s to this body that’s why it was not a penalty.

IMHO, an excellent referee today, wish we had one like him every week.

9 Likes

As a side note to this game and the entire round and season so far, I am getting very fed up looking at how defenders get penalties against them for no fault of their own. I don’t understand how refs in the Prem are thinking right now, to avoid most of these penalties, you got to saw off the arms. When a person runs, you can’t run with arms straight down, in particularly if you try to block the ball, your arm will, naturally, move a bit out.
It is so unfair, and it is happening now all over the Premier League, I can barely take joy from it even if we get the pens. It is not right. Do refs really want this kind of game where a midfielder or striker can just shoot, knowing that if it hits an arm it is an automatic penalty ? For me, it is a grave injury to the Beautiful Game…
Again, not saying that it was not penalties, with this rule interpretation they are absolutely penalties, but it is wrong, morally wrong.

2 Likes

Really tough match and both sides played well. We played against a top class team
I think a point is good here considering all the injuries we have and no Virgil. The Mancs will be disappointed with a draw more than us. They are also bound to drop points as well.

The lads looked so tired towards the end and were barely hanging on, but at least the international break is here. We have gone through our toughest period yet. Hopefully, the lads will get some needed R and R. I think Jurgen is saving Thiago more more important games and Champions league.

All in all a great match.

7 Likes

Good result which further strenghtens our position for the rest of the season.

Henderson, Mane (although careless with the ball), Alisson and Matip stood out from what was a good game for as long as both sets of players could run. Once they ran out of steam both teams settled for a point. All in all it feels a bit like a missed chance as we failed to take advantage of some clear openings but can’t really complain.

The problem is not so much the refs but the idiotic rules that govern handballs and offsides.

7 Likes

The only way he pissed me off was a couple of occasions he brought play back for a free kick when he should have played advantage, and he was very inconsistent with how he handed out the fouls.

Those two penalty shouts he got spot on.

4 Likes

It felt almost as tiring just watching for the last half hour. We couldn’t seem to get out of our half , and when we did we were just giving the ball straight back to them.

Honestly thought we were going to smash them after going ahead , and if we had taken one of our chances we probably would have.

Matip and Joe were solid , as were Hendo and Gini. Bobby needs to be dropped and Jota played in his best position.

A very hard earned and deserved point. These boys need a good rest now.

2 Likes

Yeah, but if the teams are reversed for the Gomez pen we’d be absolutely screaming for it.

2 Likes

Agree but Joe did try and get it out of the way

1 Like

Are you? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I felt the referee was fine today. Joe’s penalty… the ball travelled some ways before reaching him, and I think he did not make enough of an effort to get his hand out of the way. I was not too surprised it was given and I honestly cannot have any complaints.

I am just relieved that the secret voice in my head screaming CONSPIRACY against us by the referees and/or the FA for the past month has been put to rest finally.

2 Likes

@RER Klopp as just described as Jota and Mane having to play as Midfielders!!!

1 Like