Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (EPL 7/4/24 3.30pm)

Why was Casiemiero not given a red? Last minute of the game that’s why? Couldn’t it still affect the last freekick taken and subsequent matches United have?

9 Likes

No I’ve disappeared clearly.

Anyway ignoring the unfortunate tosswits that abound online I kinda saw this coming.

I knew we’d have lots of chances just because of the bizarre way ten hag has his teams set up to give every opportunity to the opposition. It depended on us taking them which we clearly didn’t.

I think it’s unrealistic to have expected us to have won every remaining game. But this was very winnable. Not the end of the world but that’s pretty much the only points we can afford to drop between now and the end of the season.

Anyway until the next time.

1 Like

I think his style is casual. He’ll be gutted about that. Otherwise he played well.

1 Like

And he more than likely will do. Forwards and mids fuck up chance after chance, no exaggeration to say it should have been 4 or 5 at half-time, just like the cup game, but yeah let’s all slaughter a young lad who’s been fucking brilliant for us all season. I’ll leave you all to it.

7 Likes

VVD is casual but not this casual, you know…

And he will. It’s just that no young player goes through a season without committing mistakes. I’m sure he will be very down right now, but Klopp will make sure that he learns from it and becomes stronger as a result.

3 Likes

Still think the league is ours even though we dropped points to this dross. I reckon both and us City win our remaining games but since we’re a point ahead that’s absolutely fine. Arsenal having to play Chelsea, Spurs and Utd (the last 2 away from home) means that them winning out is going to be really difficult. The only easy games they have left is Bournemouth and Everton home so i don’t think they’ll stretch their GD either.

Not going to go into todays game much, we played well up to the actual putting the ball in the net and even though it was a bad mistake for their first i cant bring myself to go in on a kid that’s surpassed expectations in every other game hes played. Roll on Jota coming back though as he’s easily our best finisher and can only guess how many he’d have got tonight

5 Likes

Don’t disagree with any of that, just the insinuation that he isn’t to blame. He was to blame. And that’s okay.

He has to take it on the chin and he will do, I think he will come back stronger.

On the game, it comes down to not taking our chances, we dominated 85% of that game and 1 mistake and a fantastic finish from Mainoo. Disappointed, but the performance apart from the finishing was very good.

1 Like

Isn’t that @SBYM’s favourite variety?

Gutted for Klopp and McAllister who was quite simply head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.
Twice in 3 weeks Klopp has had to go and shake hands with that fucking clueless twat after they’ve derailed our season when a clinical team would have fucking buried them.

2 Likes

When we are joint top on goal difference with 7 games to play, and you give up, and you trash these players for all their failures today, despite all their contribution to get us where we are, not sure what to think or say…we are all disappointed, but come on…

7 Likes

I think I didn’t express myself properly. Let me try again: he made the mistake and we suffered as a result, but I wouldn’t put too much blame on him, considering his age. Better?

4 Likes

Nah. @PeachesEnRegalia is the pot noodle connoisseur so would more likely his cuppa tea

He was to blame for their goal. But then there’s always someone responsible for goals being conceded. It’s whether it’s a frequent occurrence which from having seen all the games quansah has played in, he’s rarely put a foot wrong so far.

The whole team is responsible for not winning today. We had loads of chances, some that should have been put away. This should have been 5-2 today. It wasn’t because our finishing was very poor.

1 Like

Clearly not.
From the game you watched, how would you describe the reasons for throwing away 2 points?

To be fair, I grew up with Ayrshire Junior football. Which is basically ninety minutes of combining swear words into sentences. Our responses to ‘whats the weather like today’ are the X rated version of What3words.

You are a dick, muck, yes he made a mistake, happens, he is more a red that you will ever be, he is living and breathing it and will be feeling it. I suppose you being perfect never fucked up.

1 Like

He’s not the reason we lost points overall tbf - just that goal.

He dealt with it maturely as well.

1 Like

End of the day I don’t expect eithier side to go perfect.

For me it’s whether we can, and I have my doubts.

Anyhow get the finishing boots back on in midweek and next Sunday and just see if we can see out the season with enough points.

I do feel we may have a season of adjustment next year and these lot will continue to cheat so I think we all see this as our last chance of a title for sometime.

1 Like