Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (EPL 7/4/24 3.30pm)

Should’ve had UTD, there were so many chances in the first half to put the game to bed. Quansah learning moment for the future, but I feel our forwards were more of the let down today.
So many quality chances squandered, if we could’ve just scored one more goal in the first half, UTD would’ve folded up.
I personally think Mo needs to be sat when Jota comes back. Sometimes I feel he has too much influence on the run of the play when he’s on the pitch. It’s like everything has to go through him or he needs to be the shooter at the end of a play. It works when he has his shooting boots on but lately it hasn’t been the case. I remember when Mo was away with Egypt, our forward line was really explosive and innovative with their passing and movements. Now it has become stale and predictable at times.
I’m not trying run Mo out of town, but I think Klopp should try something else up front to spark our forward line. We have the players to threaten, just need the right combo to make it work.
The title is out of our hands, honestly, it was never gonna be us winning out and lifting the title. It’ll be a crazy fight till the last day. I’m sure the big wigs for the Prem would want a tight race all the way to last day too :wink:

YNWA

2 Likes

Shit happens. Let’s move on. YNWA

2 Likes

Shut up Billy.

Well said pal, our draw was more to do with missing chances by far more experienced players than Jarrell, he will learn and remember Caicedo cost $115m and is a full international and made the same mistake and better players than Quansah have done the same.

He’ll be gutted

4 Likes

The performance was decent. There were periods that we were all over them but overall we didn’t have sufficient control. Mac Allister was brilliant again but he was alone in that as Szoboszlai and Endo were largely disappointing. The forwards worked hard but their decision making and execution were horrific, which contributed heavily to dropping 2 valuable points. Backline was mostly ok.

The subs were a mixed bag. Elliott was pivotal and Gakpo with Gomez were also good. Jones on the other hand, looked out of sorts.

Never not when idiots like you spout shit

2 Likes

I disagree on our midfield I thought we were mostly in control and Szob speed breaking from midfield caused them numerous problems and mostly he pkayed the right pass but the next woukd be killer ball or shot was the let down

1 Like

Don’t give yourself a heart attack

Looking at the fixtures their only difficult game is Spurs (maybe West Ham) and looking at ours there isnt a team left i’d put money on us not beating. Of course upsets happen, i just dont think they will with the title so close and we’ve proven over and over (even this season) to have the right mentality.

2 Likes

Some people cope with disappointment immaturely, need to blame someone…
Doesn’t mean they are not behind the team…
Surely difficult to be empathetic, but all it takes to at least try, is to consider it’s a fellow LFC fan…

Probably a better idea to let them express themselves, then offer a pat on the back and a calm word of reason…

4 Likes

MC and the Arse laid down a marker yesterday, and we blinked today. Here’s hoping that we have enough fuel in the mentality tank, to push on from this.

Our defence is not good enough. Not just this game but this season. How we defend corners and freekicks compared to 3 seasons ago is not as good. We used to win 1-0 with ease. No more. This needs to be improved ASAP.
Our strikers are wasteful and their decision making also needs to improve - when to shoot and when to pass.
Btw, should Kelleher have done better for their first goal? I suspect Ali could have saved that.
Now we need to recover and go again.
All 3 teams still need to play Spurs - who we normally fare better against than the other 2 teams. Still not over.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the second best defence in the league now?

1 Like

Did say when it happened…get your head up Jarrell…shit happens…and you’ve been so good over the past few months.

3 Likes

I don’t think we were casual or complacent apart from the error for their first goal. All I could see was a team wanting to win.

You are too nice, I support LFC and YNWA means supporting the players I will have a go at players but won’t be malicious and Quansah has mostly been excellent, he is young and will feel bad enough as his mistake cost us dearly.

3 Likes

"The whole Liverpool community just stay calm. We are where we are and we keep giving it a proper go. Do I wish we had 10 points difference? Of course.

“We take what we got and keep going.”

JK says stay calm…lets do that eh ?

2 Likes

And I agree with what you say. Was just pointing out to calm down as well.
YNWA mate. We’ll get there, I still believe.

1 Like

I am talking about being good enough to win the league as we were 3 years ago.

Crikey - we gifted them a goal from a mistake and then they scored a sublime goal that no one could do anything about. Suddenly we’ve a shit defence. Christ on a bike!

2 Likes