Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (EPL 7/4/24 3.30pm)

Yeah and people say he his casual, I would use calm, and every player will make mistakes, Nunez did a poor pass in the cup game, which similarly cost us

Some of the comments here I expect we will miss out on the top 4.

5 Likes

I’d say one goal in open play from 28 shots is pretty complacent.

Make no mistake, we are a good team, a great team even. Where we fall down is not putting teams to the sword when we’re in total control. How do we fix this last piece of the jigsaw?

3 Likes

Consider that we have a second goalkeeper and two teens in the backline though, no?
And consider that Klopp’s 1.0 needed a couple of year to get to that team you are referring to, I remember the first two years where we would just rely on blitzing and outscoring the opponent. It takes some time to forge a solid defence, and having backup players in it doesn’t help too much.
I think it’s miraculous we are where we are, and if we manage to win this, it will be so much more impressive than 3 years ago.

Then you are a fucking nob as well.

Complacent or to eager, Klopp feels that way too

This.

If you are pushing for goals they will create chances. We needed to kill them with those chances we had.

I couldn’t give a fig if it was 5-2 at the end of the day, some games will lead to that.

Also 3 of the back five were nowhere near the first team last year. (Bar Kelleher I guess).

1 Like

Hard to read/listen to supposed supporters lambasting our players so vehemently, especially getting up to watch at 2:30am

1 Like

I couldn’t disagree with you.

Can we get off each other’s throats for crying out loud?
Just lay the responsibility on me not fetching Mo from the Sparta game yet again, @Alright_Now_Legend purely for the joy of it, and on @GermanRed and his ominous 35 years of experience watching football, for conceding a world class goal from an 18 year old who decided we would be the recipients of that and not City or Arsenal (although there’s still room to remedy that).

4 Likes

I think their winning streak record is 6. So I assume they will drop points somewhere. Of course we don’t really need them to drop points and the fact we had that gap allowed us to drop points. Sadly we’ve done it today when we should not have.

It will all depend what we do in April now and who can come back and stay fit.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s a fair excuse…
There’s options though, some calming herbal tea can do wonders.

1 Like

Arsenal will almost certainly drop points. Citeh probably not. We just need to keep winning. However, Everton, Villa and WH need to be defeated. Not the easiest of run ins.

3 Likes

Some positives on a difficult day….

1. Harvey Elliot
  2. Jota will be back soon.
  3. Mo scored that pen
  4. Kelleher still makes me feel we are not missing Alisson
  5. We are still level on top bar goal difference (and Jota will be back soon)
  6. We can still win the league
15 Likes

I can’t say for certain but it feels like we’ve been good at creating high volumes of chances but not necessarily being clinical, particularly post-2020. That’s not to say we aren’t clinical, like the 7-0 where we had 8 total shots, but the 2022 UCL final was representative of something we’ve seen more than once.

2 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talking about :grinning:

7 Likes

My missus would agree with you with regards to the calming herbal tea lol

1 Like

A problem that we have in the run in is, that opposing teams always get up a bit more, when playing the Reds, and the Reds have a tendency to ‘play down’ to their opponents. While opposing teams appear to ‘lay down’ for City, and a bit for the Arse as well nowadays well. Taking the Reds’ scalp is a much higher value trophy.

This! And if anyone disagrees, @SBYM will fight ya
Trick Or Treat Slapping GIF by Xbox

2 Likes