Post match: Man Utd v Liverpool (EPL 7/4/24 3.30pm)

And we climb that hill our own way.

Time for me to break the fast with some leftover shawerma.

2 Likes

:rofl:
Oh no, internet hard bloke abusing me

Itā€™s souvlaki for me mateā€¦Have been fasting for over 5 hours, must be some kind of recordā€¦

1 Like

Anyhow good thing is that Salah and Konate wonā€™t be fasting after the 10th as that is when it ends.

1 Like

Hear hearā€¦we have a go at emā€¦but majority on TAN are behind LFCā€¦we all know we want to winā€¦to smash the mancs blue or redā€¦lets get behind em even moreā€¦

4 Likes

The teamā€™s decision making and the finishing at the final third is horrible. For some reasons, the forward trioā€™s synergy is not right. Salahā€™s fasting due to Ramadan which takes a huge toll on a player when he cannot drink and eat after sunrise , Diaz cannot finish unless he is 2 yards out, Nunezā€™s decision-making is gone as well. Gakpoā€™s inconsistent in a lot of things.

The incoming manager needs to make a decision on the forwards especially the successor to Mo Salah on the right. Even with top level coaching, the forwards in the club still cannot finish properly.

As for Quansah, that was a horrible rudimentary mistake to make even at the U21 levels. Facing towards our goal with minimal pressure at 1-0 up, he makes the worse decision of them all by using his weaker foot to blindly pass across the backline without any accuracy and power.

That displayed the stunning lack of spatial awareness of his teammatesā€™ position especially kelleherā€™s position ( which is the safer option) and the opponentā€™s position. That moment also displayed the lack of concentration & effort that is minimally required for playing at the top 10 clubs in the PL, never mind for a club of LFCā€™s stature.

What happened after that is Quansah going on a run to trouble the opponent, giving salah the chance to play Elliott in for the penalty. Quansah can become a physical monster to deal with if he has the right mentality at *ALL* times.

Quansah shouldnā€™t mistake VVDā€™s calm demeanour as casual as VVD is always mentally switched on and always calculating the possibility of the opponent scoring.

Good that youā€™ve remained grounded and realised that while it was a disappointing result there are more games to play.

Very reminiscent of the cup game, in control for about 70-80% of the game then proceed to shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

We must be one of the most indecisive sides in the league in the final 1/3 because with the amount of chances we create we should be scoring 4-5 goals a game, easy and we also look the most prone to giving up chances/goals between the top 3 sides.

Wanna say itā€™s not looking assuring but I still have full belief we can get our players back and do the business. Up the red men!!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s shocking reallyā€¦the decision making is horrible. Salah being away from goal really hurt us a lotā€¦I wonder if it is because of his age now that Klopp is redefining his roleā€¦

Salah and Dom were our most wasteful players today, they shouldā€™ve had a brace each.

1 Like

You know me, always rational and calm

I guess the focus on the next training session should be shooting practiceā€¦

it is what it is folksā€¦ onto the next

1 Like

Once again ,as in so many matches before,we have been hugely wasteful.

1 Like

Well said mate I am sick and tired of young defender taking that much stick for one single mistake but the real mistakes and the same ones repeated over and over against them in all the 3 matches forwards not taking so many opportunities in 70 shots that was what annoyed me a little but this team I repeat this team have given us so much joy and happiness
They deserve a little bit more luck and letā€™s see if Arse can take the pressure now theyā€™ve hit the front over to you Spuds they will have something to say where this title ends up imo Cheaty will win all their games if we manage to do the same we could beat them to it by one point as a bit of karma for doing to us so many times before COYR YNWA

6 Likes

I did float the hypothesis before that the Salah-Nunez-Diaz trio may not be the best balance for the club as Nunez and Diaz relies too heavily on taking on players instead of using smart movements to fool the opposing defence. It is also not helped that their finishing is pretty shit outside of 2 yards from the opposing goal line.

Sounds like you are leaving some possibility that he may yet gave a future after such a mistakeā€¦

1 Like

My only consolation is that theyā€™ll be upset with giving up another late lead. :man_shrugging: They could have had 6 of their last 6 (instead of 1) if they had a bit more bottle in the last 15 of either game.

It all depends on the next manager coming into the club. If the next manager and his data analysts doesnā€™t like what they sees in Quansah and feels Quansah is not a fit, he might not have a future in LFC.

I think he willā€¦Virgilā€™s voice might be loudā€¦