Post match: Napoli v Liverpool (UCL 7/9/22 8pm)

Not deliberate but had to be given, 2nd not a penalty for me incidental contact.

Gomez should be on the bench when Matip or KonatĂ© is fit, it’s clear and simple. Roberson has not played a decent match in mont’s either.

2 Likes

Shit. Like all season so far.

2 Likes

Sorry, but that’s absolute bollocks. It’s a couple of months since we nearly won the whole fucking lot. You don’t suddenly go from near quadruple to past it over one summer.

7 Likes

We still suffering a hangover from last season
 take a bit more time to shake this free
Anyway, onwards and upwards
 No such thing as a fair-weather fan, we need to stick with them

4 Likes

Virgil’s pen was nonsense, but I don’t know how anyone can argue that the Milner one wasn’t a pen.

4 Likes

It’s still staggering to me that we wanted Tchouameni because he profiled similar to Thiago yet we didn’t have an alternative in case we didn’t get him. The lad is so important to us.

2 Likes

Have Everton released the DVD of tonight’s game yet?

You’re being far too kind, if the team is tired, set up differently defensively. Get the lines closer together so there is less to cover. Drop the defence 10 yards and the rest of the team the same, go a bit more direct.

Sick of excuses, there is no reason to start away from home with the kamikaze tactical shape we had tonight, no reason at all, even worse if we are tired, that makes it an even worse decision.

3 Likes

This squad was two goals away from a quadruple four months ago.

I simply don’t buy it.

2 Likes

I thought Tsimi had done enough in the Everton match to start and withnhim being subbed my thoughts were that he was beeing saved for tonights game but seems as Klopp is blinkered in his loyalty

2 Likes

Oddest thing is I thought this is exactly why we went with the set up we did.

Plus bar Diaz we created shit all again, that’s a concern.

1 Like

How can our players be tired? They’ve just had a holiday ffs! If they’re tired now, how are they going to feel in May?

3 Likes

You’re not contradicting him. We look knackered and Klopp isn’t setting us up in a way to manage that

Dont get involved I made that mistake earlier today

1 Like

I think we went too hard pre-season.

We look shattered.

as much as it hurts and i hope am wrong this is not a blip , we are poor the full backs are too relaxed they know that they have no competition, the midfield is a shambles and we needed at least to signings and nunez or klopp need to watch halland and see how its done our striker is rarely around the 6 yard and mostly on the wings or too deep . i dont see a way out

1 Like

I think this is part of Klopp’s commands. Our defenders almost never shoot the fuck out of the ball forward when clearing like Carragher anymore.

Only positive I can take is the subs looked like they cared. Nunez and Jota over complicated but at least they gave a toss.

4 Likes

I’d say the lads that played tonight simply weren’t switched on.

TAA was never any good at defending but seems to have given up on the whole idea.
VVD has become far too passive for whatever reason.
Midfield is just not functioning at any level, despite the efforts of young Harvey. Doing his work in the wrong areas perhaps?
Jota and Nunez made zero impact other than lose the ball constantly.
Salah the same. Good positions but loses it.

Everyone (not on here) is pointing the finger at Mane’s departure but that has bugger all to do with it imo.

5 Likes