Post match: Newcastle v Liverpool (EPL 30/12/20 8pm)

Yes and where is VAR all of a sudden.

3 Likes

Was hat when the keeper wrapped his arms around Sadio’s leg? Penandes would’ve gone down in a heartbeat.

Also, a strangely subdued Mane there, as usually he would’ve stretched for that ball kung fu style.

2 Likes

To be honest that was just shite from top to bottom, why are we waiting so long for Curtis Jones to make a mistake, why are the subs not earlier it was obvious nothing was happening and then Becker saves us at the end.

Just about top but we need to right this now or we will have fallen behind.

3 Likes

Amazon currently showing a compilation of Darlow saves. Bloody ridiculous.

Blame this one on Klopp, starting with a midfield like that, zero creativity. Thiago showed in the 15 minutes he played that he has moor football in his left toe then Milner and Jones together.

2 Likes

We were supposed to see a response, but instead we backed it up with almost a carbon copy, can’t be arsed performance like we had against WBA.

Why the fuck does Jurgen wait until the 91st minute to hook Mo? What is the fucking point in that?

Really missing Jota, not only for his constant movement, but to not let the front 3 let their foot off the pedal. Mane and Mo terrible tonight. Touch of a blacksmith and couldn’t score in a brothel.

As for Trent, this is two games in a row where it looks like he just couldn’t give a crap. Passing and his usual excellent crossing was way off. Unfortunately Williams isn’t really enough of a threat to take his place should his standards drop consistently, so the motivation to up his game isn’t there.

Yeah we were denied a couple by some outstanding saves, but overall this display was extremely disappointing and not the sort of performance we expected following the crap we served up against WBA.

JK needs to rethink his tactics/line-ups against these sorts of teams and come up with something less predictable. Tippy tappy football from one side to the other with the occasional floated diagonal ball isn’t working.

3 Likes

Agree with this. @rupzzz, you a re now officially excluded from opening a pre-match thread. Sorry. And now go to the corner and hang your head in shame.

7 Likes

against saints start on the front foot with gini and thiago in midfield… jones needs a rest. Unfortunately we dont have a TAA adequate sub. hendo has really been struggling of late. do we play gini, thiago and maybe ox or shaq in the hole? jus cant keep the same thing and expect diffrent results.

It wasn’t shite. It was a decent performance and we made lots of chances. We just couldn’t tuck one away. A combination of bad luck and wasteful finishing.

5 Likes

Why? he was wasting time so Newcastle wont nick it on the counter. Very smart.

In all seriousness…

If this group hasn’t given you the iron-clad belief that they can turn it around then you are beyond help.

10 Likes

Seems to be the story of our season. (I’m a broken record but just frustrating it seems that most breaks have gone against us.)

Also true. The spectre of United potentially going above us is disturbing, but if we beat them at Anfield I think it could derail their charge. We’re the better side by far, what’s frustrating is that it’s not been reflected.

2 Likes

Surprised by the level of fatalism. I know we’ve played poorly the past two games, but we’re still top. The team are proven winners. We’ve only lost one game in the league. We’re edging closer and closer to having a fully fit team (barring VVD). Our closest competitors atm are Utd under PE teacher Gollum who’ll struggle for results once the EL kicks in for them, A Maureen Spurs who are currently experiencing the most Maureen-y Spurs-y form possible, Chelski under fat Frank who doesn’t know his best 11 and City desperate enough to pull out of fixtures (miraculous they’re all clear now!) because they don’t think they can cope with fixture build up (even though they’ll have to play the games at some point).

Things aren’t going as well as they could be. Being able to say that while sitting top of the league with our injury record this year is something i could only have dreamed of 3 years ago. Life’s good. The season will be good.

9 Likes

Oof. I’m taking it that’s sarcasm. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

considering the opposition, we really didn’t play well to be fair.

1 Like

I made point in match thread what Don Hutchinson said do we believe we are tired because Klopp has gone on and on about 5 subs.

1 Like

If bad luck and wasteful finishing isnt shit, i dont know what is.

1 Like

No it was not, the ref or the VAR are not to blame for this draw.

2 Likes

The Origi sub late on against WBA, and now the Shaq sub late on seemed like Klopp was playing for the draw in both games?! I don’t understand either of them tbh, but that’s Klopp.
On the bright side, Thiago looks the goods! Can’t wait to see him play a full 90 minutes.

1 Like

Shearer is spot on. Klopp will be really happy with his teams performance up to the Newcastle box. It was one of those nights.

Steve Bruce thinks they rode their luck.

5 Likes