Post match: Norwich v Liverpool (EPL 14/08/21 17:30)

• Allisson
  • Trent
  • Matip
  • VVD
  • Tsimikas
  • Milner
  • Ox
  • Keita
  • Salah
  • Jota
  • Mané
  • Fabinho (on 60’)
  • Bobby (on 60’)
  • Elliot (on 80’)

0 voters

Here is the long awaited post-match thread.

Mascot must be in holidays, or maybe he has drunk a bit too much to honor our first win of the season? :wink:

A really good win all-round, on a ground which could have easily transformed itself into a banana skin. Norwich did well until the first goal, and there was a time during the second half in which they looked like they could come back into the game, but Fabinho’s and Bobby’s introductions really settled the game for us. It was brilliant.

Here’s to a lot of further wins this season! :crossed_fingers:t2: :crossed_fingers:t2: :crossed_fingers:t2: :crossed_fingers:t2:

16 Likes

Never in doubt.

15 Likes

Good win. Bobby looks revitalised with a crowd in. Mo on top form. Tsimikas had a decent outing. Midfield very jobsworth today but that’s what they were there for. Roll on next week

4 Likes

Bwahaha… that’s like the size of your post match review is inversely proportional to the time after which the post match thread opens :joy:

10 Likes

Nah- I had complaints about the length of my… reviews (phew!) so have decided to keep them brief this season.

6 Likes

This thread is so late I can’t even remember the game.

8 Likes

Mo Salah is a different fucking gravy

8 Likes

share no GIF

5 Likes

2hrs to write all of that?

5 Likes

If I hear anything other than Great jobs lads I’ll be a bit disappointed. Sure moments we can nitpick, but let’s remember a clean sheet on the road……

Clean sheets equals at worst draws and most likely wins……

Second string midfield with no true #6, no robbo, it’s all good. We look up for it and I’m genuinely excited to see how this team rolls

Upward and Onwards

YNWA

7 Likes

True art can never be rushed.

3 Likes

I loved everything about it. It was completely routine and totally one-sided. As easy a victory as you could want. We pressed them to death in their own half. We looked razor sharp. The movement, the passing, all absolutely brilliant. At the back rock solid. Maybe just a bead of sweat on Virgil’s brow at the end there to betray his lack of match fitness but he cruised through it. Just his passing elevates the whole team. Makes us a completely different, less predictable proposition to last season.

Up top Salah was unplayable, Jota scored his usual goal, Bobby sticking one away and Mane looking well on his way to being back to his best. Nice touch at the end to give Harvey a run out. Best thing about it was the fans. No more fake crowd noise. Just the Travelling Kop belting out all its greatest hits. It sounded like a home game. Real football is back and it’s fucking marvellous.

15 Likes

Never in doubt, a good performance all round with Salah man of the match. Only 37 wins to go.
Onwards and upwards.

4 Likes

I have missed the football :heart:

1 Like

The interplay between them, Trent and Bobby was brilliant. Once we are couple of goals up, it’s fun to watch Bobby, when his tricks, one touch and no look passing starts.

2 Likes

That was a good performance and I found it hard to pick a man of the match as I thought they all played well. I can’t even complain about Keita. :cry:

2 Likes

Thought Matip had an excellent game and I am not the biggest Matip-fan of this board.

We look rusty, Ox after his good play in pre-season was poor and I thought Keïta can do a lot better too. Our Greek friend got a wake-up call from Milner. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah I went with Salah and Matip but the whole team deserves credit.

Onwards anyhow, Cantwell can piss off mind.

4 Likes

Milner gave Kostas a good slap. Loved that.

Kostas played well today but I wonder if he is the sort of player who needs an arm around him rather than a fucking ticket up his arse?

Time will tell

4 Likes

Should have been a red, no intention to play the ball and from behind, baby-face should have been send off IMHO.

7 Likes