Post match: Norwich v Liverpool (EPL 14/08/21 17:30)

3 points on the board and a good performance. We’ll play better and worse, but can’t complain about anything today.

1 Like

Solid outing for 1st game of the season, had alittle rust to shake off but did enough to keep them at bay(just) and then stretched our legs second half and put it beyond doubt.

Fab and Bobby defo calmed us down and we really asserted our control from there.

Really promising start to the season should improve from that start once our 1st choice cm combo is all back to full fitness but Milly Ox and Naby did a decent enough job.

How good are crowds at the games, just a completely different proposition. Ive really struggled the last 12 months watching games with no atmosphere. Massive credit to out traveling fans and just fans of all clubs really great to have you back.

1 Like

Definitely Salah, a goal and 2 assists and excellent all round play. Kostas played was quite good and I was thinking that even if Robertson is the best LB in the league, Kostas was not too far back in the first half. But to be fair to him, starting only 6 minutes in the league before this and having all sorts of a difficult first season started to show as the game wore on but I think he has shown enough to deputize for Robertson and who knows once he gets up to speed with more games, be able to challenge Robertson properly.

I think the midfield with Ox and Keita could have imposed themselves more as Ox seem not to be able to be relevant. Keita was better than him in that aspect. I was always saying that why Curtis and Elliot are young players who were given chances and seem to catch the eye compared to the other young talents we had: it is their drive and ability to get into the game and make themselves relevant even when the chips are down. Similar for the senior players. I think Ox got to do more and again to be fair, it is his first proper full pre-season with us after like what 5 years? Keita definitely have more in his tank if he continues to stay fit, will be very excited to see what he can offer when given consistent run.

Overall, I like watching the team sometimes in this mode. Never hurried, when they are in control, they dictate the pace and we just win.

Onwards we go!

4 Likes

Pretty poor performance really.

From me, that is. I fell asleep and missed most of it. Looking forward to the Burnley game as it kicks off at 8:30 p.m. here.

9 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve got bad news, my friend. Everyone who says “Stan” nowadays is in their 30s.

At least. :skull:

4 Likes

First up new season,pretty decent start,all had their moments.
Not surprising to see some tire as the game went on.
Great to see Virg back out there.
The front 3 played for each other,was happy to see that.
Mo was sublime today.

3 Likes

I vote to retain the previous format

2 Likes

1 down, 37 more to go :wink:

3 Likes

One more thing, we just dispense of opposing team with humility and business as usual unlike some other team who won 5-1 and declared this is their real them :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Was really impressed by Elliot’s effort and work rate when he came on. We all know he has quality, but he came on late in an already decided game and pressed lien he was trying to get 90 minutes of effort into 10 minutes.

Love seeing that!!

2 Likes

Good thumping start. Well done lads. Considering no Henderson or Fab to start with. Great result.

Me Tooooo…! :+1:

Remember them being Chelsea 4-0 and thinking they were back. If Bielsa didn’t send 9 men forward when clearing getting ripped up at the back he could have got something there.

1 Like

What is James Pearce gonna do now… without his mentor showing him how proper post match reports should be done…!
Bring back the weekly monolo… I mean epilogues is what I say :0) :+1:

2 Likes

That’s how Leeds play and yet they beat them 6-2 last season at home I’d hold fire before proclaiming they are the real deal.

2 Likes

If the two previous opening games are a mirror on to the season then hopefully this is too.

Assured and dominated the first half and finished the job off second same as two years back.

Leeds meanwhile was the complete opposite and the game did seem to mirror the season as well

5 Likes

No doubt Mo was the MOTM this game, but I think the best part was the discovery (or realization) that Kostas can capably stand in for Robbo.

Other than switching off and almost letting Norwich in for a chance in the second half, he had a great game and the lad seems to have a great attitude. I feel much better about our LB position after this game.

VVD back out there and taking care of business was the other great take-home message from this game.

Only 37 more games to go! YNWA!

2 Likes

youd be pushing thirty by now, surely?

I like Tsimikas. I heard good things about him in pre-season but couldn’t catch the games so I was surprised.

He was really good first half and then got struck by the Moreno curse in the second. I’m confident if he gets his head together he could pull a Robertson (who displaced Moreno when Moreno got injured). One thing I noticed is that while Robertson tends to hit crosses a bit earlier while Tsimikas prefers to drive towards the byline and cut back which may not always be effective if we don’t have someone like Ox or Keita running into/on the edge of the box.

3 Likes