Post match: Norwich v Liverpool (LC 21/09/21 7.45pm)

Man of the match
  • Caoimhin KELLEHER
  • Connor BRADLEY
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
  • Naby KEITA
  • Curtis JONES
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Kaide GORDON
  • Takumi MINAMINO
  • Divock ORIGI
  • Tyler MORTON
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Jordan HENDERSON

0 voters

Unused Subs: Adrian, Phillips, Balagizi, Jota

:arrows_counterclockwise: 45’ Tyler MORTON on, Naby KEITA off.
:arrows_counterclockwise: 66’ Andrew ROBERTSON on, Kostas TSIMIKAS off
:arrows_counterclockwise: 87’ Jordan HENDERSON on, Curtis JONES off

:soccer: 4’ Takumi MINAMINO (Assist Divock ORIGI)
:soccer: 50’ Divock ORIGI (Assist Kostas TSIMIKAS)
:soccer: 80’ Takumi MINAMINO (Assist Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN)

1 Like

No @cynicaloldgit :open_mouth:

Good game lads, good game. :clap:

3 Likes

17 Likes

Never in doubt.

[TL:DR]

MOTM: Wine.

Copyright: @cynicaloldgit

10 Likes

Good work out for quite a lot of players , thanks Norwich

1 Like

Solid performance. Defence a bit shaky first half, but they weren’t a regular four. Thought Tsimikas was good going forward. Origi and Minamino both lively and confident, which is great to see. Tidy play in midfield by Curtis. And on yourself Caoimhin - grand save.

6 Likes

Kelleher and Tsimikas the standouts for me. Taki and Divock done very well too, well taken goals. Good shift from Jones and the centre backs. Morton excellent from the bench. Gordon not always involved (more went down our left) but had a number of really good moments.

No injuries, good football, good result. Couldn’t have asked for a better game really.

17 Likes

A good run out for the youngsters. Minamino did well with both goals. Thought the young lad Morton was outstanding throughout the second half and one to watch for the future. Kelleher was solid between the sticks as well. Good result boys.

6 Likes

Don’t understand why we keep scoring 3 goals, easy win ox poor in first half switched at half time and much better in the second half, Tsimikas was brilliant, Jones and Gomez also, saw the game out comfortably so great night. What pl side will we get in the draw. :grinning:

2 Likes

Comfortable in the end, got through that game without needing to get out of second gear really. The youngsters all did really well, Morton in particular impressed when he came on. Looked completely at ease. Minamino took both his goals well and the team looked much better when he moved into midfield and Ox moved out of it, who recovered somewhat from another abysmal outing in the midfield, think the time has come to forget about him in that role. Kostas continues to impress as well, his delivery was faultless.

Hopefully the same young lads get the opportunity in the next round.

3 Likes

Wild and sometimes rather sloppy match from us - still enjoyed every minute.
Great showing from the youngsters and important minutes for the squad players.
Everything shaping up nicely atm.

Motm: Tsimikas , Minamino and Kelleher

2 Likes

Quietly impressed by the few minutes Morton had.

Not sure what OX could say he did to justify starting the next game to be honest.

Robbo had a mini mare when he came on.

Konate and Gomez pretty solid in the main. A few nervous moments.

Happy for Minamino. He might push a few others for a run I hope. There’s a decent player in there somewhere.

8 Likes

A piece of piss.

6 Likes

I have to admit I’d never heard of Morton before, but he looked really classy. Very impressive display.
Bradley grew into the game and kept improving throughout. He’s still a bit gangly, but it was a debut that showed promise.
Gordon is very young, but needed to take a few more risks. Surely he was picked because he can take on defenders and we only saw glimpses. Plenty of time for him though.
Hopefully all three will get a game in the next round.
Jones looked very good and seems to be maturing well. Tsimikas > Robbo on tonight’s showing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Another clean sheet and 3 goals, keep it up whatever the compet.

Morton looks good.
Minamino better midfielder than Kieta.
Jones my MOTM great shift.
Konaté doesn’t look like he’s going to be 1st team material for a while.

2 Likes

MotM Taki with Kelleher being completely solid at the back. I didn’t vote for them. I voted for the new guys as ever. Morton, in particular, impressed me.

Oh, and Origi. Still life in him? This could be useful as the season progresses.

1 Like

Everton :rofl:

7 Likes