Post match: Nottingham Forest v Liverpool (EPL 22/10/22 12.30pm)

Actually, it’s 7 shots on target for both sides, and Liverpool had 16 shots off target vs 10 for Nottingham.

Shambolic, Abject, Woeful, etc

I was just going by the commentary. I’m assuming about three of ours were in stoppage time…

Embarrassing.

I think some of the praise Gomez has got over the last few weeks from the likes of TAW has been way over the top and today proved that.

Since ge had half decent game v city hes given away a needless pen, got caught on the ball countless times today which led to the goal and is always giving the ball away.

We need matip and knonate back quick or our seasons over.

4 Likes

Don’t think I’ll bother saying much it kind of felt it was coming with Thiago’s ear infection.

BT certainly don’t like us another Saturday midday kick off after a Wednesday. But yeah no excuse for that type of performance against a team that low.

Need a boost come and play us it seems, Leeds next in the league that’s another one

3 Likes

Shit game. Forest managed to get the game they wanted. We were slow and bereft of ideas.
MotM Ali for me. Voted for Elliot who was lively and Trent who looked good when he came on.

Let’s get a point from Ajax so we qualify for the next round in CL and then hope that we will be better in 2023

We have no pace out wide. Not enough craft in midfield or threat in the center of attack.

We cannot keep this minimalist approach to recruitment where nearly every loss of a player becomes a catastrophe

75% possession and 7 shots on target and nothing. Just get the right result on Wednesday and I will forgive this performance.

Paula Abdul and the cartoon cat…

Amirite?

We’re just soo naive at times. There’s also lack of appreciation of situation throughout the team.
I thought in general Firmino and Salah were very poor, then so were many of the ‘last balls’.
Depressing to watch.

I’m really curious to hear what Klopp will have to say in the post-match interviews. Inside, he must be fuming.

1 Like

Another set back in a shit season to date…
Injuries are ripping the heart out of our team

3 Likes

I dont think a club needs the world cup like we do.

3 Likes

About 80% of our possession was passes along the back four. We didn’t deserve to score, let alone win. One of the most lethargic Liverpool performances I’ve ever witnessed.

2 Likes

Haha imagine being the person thinking we played well with the “we created plenty of chances” no we create half chances, we spend 90 minutes walking around a pitch at a pedestrian pace scuffing passes and shots then get done by a single shot the other end. Teams sit back in numbers, let us have 80% posession because they know we do nothing with it and will eventually lose it giving them a chance on the counter. It started first game of the season and it happens every fucking game since.

This season is a car crash, from whatever fuck up in pre-season to basically decimate our teams fitness to the head in the sand approach to our midield and not bringing in reinforcements… Top to bottom our management have got it horrifically wrong. We are still completely over relient on Thiago who is chronically injury prone, we are still playing Fabinho who needs to be sold in Jan he is atrocious. Huge decisions wrong in the summer, so many of them to count.

Piss easy to motivate a team to play City, you win leagues by motivating your team to do the hard yards and fight week in week out… This is a team that has gone utterly stale, there is no desire any more… Van Dijk looking like Maldini v’s City and then Maguire v’s anyone else.

Have we ever looked up for the fight in an early kick off? Why cant’ Klopp get his players to play with intensity or desire? Why is Nottingham fucking Forrest winning 1st, 2nd and 3rd balls all game? It’s the basic levels every team should be doing and ours continually fails to turn up.

Huge changes need in our medical and 1st team starting Jan.

The players out there bar Alisson should be donating a weeks salary to Liverpool families in need, it was insulting levels of shite.

And if any player or Klopp comes out and says we were unlucky, they can get to Fuck. At least take ownership for being shit, but it does nothing, must have had 20 heart to heart meetings this season and we don’t improve.

7 Likes

This thread is going to be a nice cesspit of toxicity.

3 Likes

A-fucking-men.

1 Like

There’s a lack of desire, no?

Our shape, formation and tactics are changing way too often given the injuries and other factors. That combined with the fact we have to rotate and deal with new set of players every game seems to be causing real confusion on how we should actually go about a game both in attack and in defense. We need a nice time off to get things back to normal but this is a fcked up season to do anything.

1 Like

Said it before but this reeks of rafas last season. Itll end in tears.

1 Like