Post match: Nottingham Forest v Liverpool (EPL 22/10/22 12.30pm)

Never mind trophies, even the top 4 looks highly doubtful. Injuries, a lack of depth and energy is costing us this season.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s it in a nutshell. With the kind and amount of injuries weā€™ve had, you canā€™t expect any kind of consistency from any team, even the best.

Weā€™ll just have to endure this season as what it is so far: a big heap of shite. Hopefully it gets better in 2023, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

No, there is no excuses for that performance, man for man we are the better side. We simply did not show up, we didnā€™t show desire, we didnā€™t fight for the ball, we played without intensity, we were sloppy and complacent. This is a stale arrogant team who thinks turning up is enough to win, it started vā€™s Fulham and City aside itā€™s the horrific standard of this season.

3 Likes

Its not just early kick offs we dont look motivated its most games.

2 Likes

As soon as the team was announced I knew we were going to struggle.

ā€˜The kind of chance you really end up regretting.ā€™ ā€¦ said that after Virgil inexplicably tried to head the ball across goal to Bobby when all he had to do was nod it down and into the goal.

Second half we were absolutely abysmal. Forest deserved their win.

2 Likes

On the basis of our current inconsistency, yes, weā€™ll not make it. But there is still hope that we can string a run of results together, but probably not before 2023, and only if the injury jinx finally stops at some point.

3 Likes

Zero excuse? You mean youā€™re surprised that we were lethargic playing our 3rd game in 6 days, with an injury-ravaged squad that meant that Jones had to start just after coming back from injury?

Forest played Brighton on Tuesday evening. We played West Ham on Wednesday evening, having played City in the late afternoon game on Sunday.

Not to mention Tierney giving them every single advantage he could. Stopping play on a counterattack for us so he could bring it back on a free kick, when he should have played advantage.

All you tosspots talking about how we were outfought can go do one.

4 Likes

It has been a fucking shit day for me personally with the family pet budgie whom we raised for nearly a fucking year flew out of the house after a fuck up by my brother.

Now, those 10 outfield players of Liverpool completes my fucking misery for the fucking day.

I am extremely gutted to the point, that I just want FSG to conduct an inquest on the injury situation which is abnormally high for the club. If someone is not up to scratch, sack 'em. if we are missing a staff, surely a salary of 5-10K pounds sterling a week would get someone really good?

1 Like

Nothing like a bit of exaggeration, is there?

Yes, the result today was disappointing and the performance way below our best. But all the cryarses on here saying that weā€™re shit are well wide of the mark.

7 Likes

Sadly is it with the World Cup in mind, then again those not going are a bit shit too.

Bar City i dont think weve looked up for any.
It was back to the same lacklustre performance v west ham a few days later and now this

Yeah; Iā€™m off to watch the racing. :+1:

2 Likes

Our first 50 mins against Westham was really good to be fair.

Not like that today at all.

1 Like

All good things come to an end eventually, at least weā€™ve had a fair share of success to cheer and celebrate overā€¦So Iā€™m ok with that.

80% of this squad is not good enough to compete, no shame in thatā€¦now on the owners to help the manager.

1 Like

Apples and oranges. Itā€™s not the same at all.

2 points from 5 away games is saying much else.

No real investment over last 2 years is really starting to show.

We need a massive overhaulā€¦but will fsg fund it?

4 Likes

5 away games, 2 draws, 3 lossesā€¦

If you want to bask in mediocrity then fine, Iā€™m fucking sick of it.

We were in 3 finals and nearly won the league last season so thatā€™s the comparison, anything less is not good enough.

2 Likes

Nothing new there then re: owners.

Iā€™m fed up with these fucking excuses. Iā€™m sorry. Blaming the ref, the schedule etc. This is competitive top level football! Weā€™ve frequently been playing multiple games a week with an injury ravaged squad for years now.

The level of effort from the ten outfield players today was fucking woeful. We were 100% outfought in every fucking area of the pitch. What game were you watching?! The fact the players we put out today canā€™t beat fucking Nottingham Forest, the side at the bottom of the league, is pathetic.

2 Likes