Post match: Nottingham Forest v Liverpool (FAC 20/3/22 6pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
  • FABINHO
  • Naby KEITA
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Roberto FIRMINO
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Takumi MINAMINO

0 voters

1 Like

Unused subs: Adrian, Jones Origi, Matip, Beck

:arrows_counterclockwise: 65’ Thiago ALCANTARA :arrow_right: Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_left:

:arrows_counterclockwise: 65’ Jordan HENDERSON :arrow_right: FABINHO :arrow_left:

:arrows_counterclockwise: 65’ Takumi MINAMINO :arrow_right: Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN :arrow_left:

:arrows_counterclockwise: 65’ Luis DIAZ :arrow_right: Naby KEITA :arrow_left:

:soccer: 79’ Diogo JOTA (Assist Kostas TSIMIKAS)

Never in doubt.

We were generally solid today but poor in the final third and rode our luck at times- Forest spurned several decent chances.

Still, a win’s a win.

9 Likes

Liverpool have got another massive semi-on…

14 Likes

8 Likes

Fierce, entertaining, nervy. :clap:

2 Likes

Ibou the MOM for me.

5 Likes

Good game, we were far from our best but deserved to win. Man of the match was difficult Virgil Tsimikas and Konate . Onwards and upwards.

5 Likes

We were okay. Did well under pressure and kept plugging away. Like v Arsenal, some sloppy passes here and there at the back, but we were being pressed hard.

2 Likes

dawson is such a shit ref

4 Likes

Anyone doubting we’re winning the quad-fucking-ruple come say it to my face and I’ll fucking knock you down

3 Likes

That and Matterface’s commentary meant I did struggle to enjoy parts of this one.

1 Like

Credit to Forest for giving us a proper game.

Not impressed with our performance though.

Not a penalty, lad was going down before his trailing leg hit Alisson’s arm.

2 Likes

diogo becoming our very own mikko ranta( avalanche nhl player) who plays like shit but rakes up the goals

3 Likes

How many more times do we have to play city before season finishes. :grinning:

Three if we meet them in the CL final.

8 Likes

Far better watching without those two knobs on commentary in the second half.

Went with Divine Comedy - Foreverland and Know Your Enemy - Manics for the two half’s :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyhow running through treacle sometimes but satisfying goal, wasn’t aware VAR was involved til that point. Not a penalty but I thought they would give it, whoever was on VAR resisted the crowd pressure that Pawson fell under especially in the last 30, maybe the benefit of being off in Stockley Park.

Forest have a lot but it was well too easy to create chances and the inability to finish them was probably left this game in doubt and as the game grew they created a few guilt edge ones. Subs helped us get over the line and I thought Gomez did ok at right back and is probably ok enough for the games before the league clash against City.

Went for Tsimkas, VVD and Jota in no particular order.

I’d rather we look at Jones instead of Ox or even Minimino if we need to again this season, I think he’s off and only a cameo is probably left.

3 Likes

I want to see more Konaté Tsimikas games together. My men of the match. I’d rather not see Ox nor Harvey for a fair few weeks on the other hand