Post match: Nottingham Forest v Liverpool (FAC 20/3/22 6pm)

Lee Dixon funniest part he made that claim from an Angel behind play.

2 Likes

Lot’s of fume tonight regarding the ‘penalty’ and the ‘offside goal’ even though both decisions were correct. There are a lot of people genuinely shitting it we are winning all 4. I’ll be more than happy with one more tbh.
Not a great performance, maybe some of our lads didn’t expect the level of effort Forest put in and some of our play looked sloppy as a result. None of the fringe players did themselves any favours.
Tsimikas, Fabinho and Gomez got my votes.

5 Likes

Not exactly a piece of piss. Close though!

1 Like

I’m not sure Harvey works as a wide forward. At the same time he doesn’t yet seem as reliable on and off the ball as he was pre-injury when he has played in midfield. Hope it’s only a matter of time before he gets in his groove

1 Like

I couldn’t watch it because I was at work. I figured it would be on one of the catch up services but it doesn’t appear to be, unless I’m being a dunce?

Ah, got it. Swear it wasn’t there before!! Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Life in that front three without mane or Salah looks a bit scary

2 Likes

Also without Trent, Robertson and Diaz.

5 Likes

Forest worked really hard and didn’t let us have any time on the ball really.
I honestly thought they’d punch themselves out after an hour and we’d get a couple at the end

They arguably looked livlier than us last 10 minutes though… shows you what i know. !

Joe had a decent game.

I thought Ox had a decent first half to be fair
Anonymous 2nd though, same as Elliot

Fabinho controlled the game - very tidy and we had to take a bit of heat when he came off.

Fucks Fowler doing with that draw though !
Chelsea in the final again

3 Likes

Probably a combination of them having to push for it.

Be surprised if they don’t make the playoffs they have the form mind to do so.

We did enough to advance, which is the name of the game in the QF. Seven changes, so the performance was disjointed. Ideally we would have been better, but Forest gave a good account of themselves too. The stadium was rocking and they were up for it. I would rather have them in the Prem than several others who are there.

Elliot might have played up front earlier on as his career got going, but he is a midfielder for us. He does not have the pace needed as a wide forward at the highest level. Arguably he could be groomed into the Firmino false nine sort of role, as he is a good footballer, but as far as I see it, he is best where Klopp deployed him at the start of the season before the injury. I think he has a good future there.

Don’t want to go through the whole lot of them, life is too short!

Job done, we are in the semi, players were rested and rotated, and we keep going.

Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea are streets ahead of the rest in the Prem, and so that’s three of the semi finalists for you. It wouldn’t be out of place to have the same three teams in the semi of the CL. I would say we are talking about three of the best five teams in the world.

Hopefully we beat Man City, and also beat them in the league too.

3 Likes

We need to grab this Johnson lad off them.

1 Like

Got one now.

If you want to grab a Johnson, then you grab a Johnson… nobody will judge you here.

7 Likes

Jota looked a clear yard offside to the naked eye. I immediately deleted the goal I put in the opening post of this thread I was so convinced it was going to be ruled out. Fuck knows how they draw those lines but I think it’s supposed to be automatic now?

Not having the ‘pen’. The lad was clearly trailing his leg and looking for contact. Harry Kane special. The lovely thing was that I was watching with my family who wanted Forest to win, and had been moaning about Liverpool players diving all game.

11 Likes

If I have to choose, I choose the league

5 Likes

I agree on the goal I didn’t know VAR was being used as I’d had it on mute and so I cheered as soon as Jota ran off.

Looked at the image and looks offside but you look at the image and you realise it’s perception which they can’t stop moaning about to Dale Johnson.

Anyhow to me take VAR away it’s still given as the linesman doesn’t flag.

Penalty drags his foot into Alisson and has lost control completely, I expected it would be given to be fair.

3 Likes

I will. I’ll judge him.

I’ll judge you, @Brawboy

2 Likes

… …as he’ll swear on his daughter’s life!

1 Like

Three words to summarise my sex life?

1 Like