Post match: Nottingham Forest v Liverpool (FAC 20/3/22 6pm)

I really hope that Anfield can produce as good a atmosphere at the Forest crowd in this match. Absolutely cracking.

3 Likes

Yeah, but for them it was the biggest game in the last three years.

1 Like

Every game at Anfield should sound like that. We’re the best team in the world right now competing for 4 trophies, if you can’t sing your lungs out at that, then make way for the millions who will.

7 Likes

The atmosphere was great for the most part but “sing on” and “victims” shit was also audible. Praiseworthy of Forrest to have 97 empty seats but some of their fans behaved liked morons.

9 Likes

I’m sure the City Ground isn’t bouncing like that every week. Our fans helped make the atmosphere and were clearly audible throughout the game.

I thought we were OK in the first half. We had control and got into some decent positions. It was the final pass or shot that was missing. Second half we started poorly and got worse. I expected Forest to tire but they got stronger as the game went on. It was our poorest defensive performance for a while. Even Virgil was uncharacteristically rash with his positioning and tackling but we just about got away with it.

We looked jaded and disjointed. It was the ultimate ugly win but it’s another game ticked off.

4 Likes

Not sure what game you were watching, but the high-energy and attacking Nottingham Forest were kept to just one shot on target over the course of 97 minutes. In our MOTM poll, 4 of the top 5 are our back line.

4 Likes

I know we had a lot of 1st team out…and the team did well, but I always think 1sub, 2subs…3 n 4…we seem to lose the flow…but as they say…it doesn’t matter how u win just win…we did…onwards and upwards…

1 Like

Poor finishing more so than keeping them at bay. And Mom polls on here mostly always have no basis on the actual performance. They had clear cut and gilt edged chances. Anyone who’s saying otherwise didn’t watch the game or watched it glasses tinted so red that they wouldn’t have been able to see the game anyway.

1 Like

It’s banging every game at the minute. They are on an incredible charge and there is a genuine buzz about them.

5 Likes

We managed the game very well IMO. We could have done with Bobby scoring that one on one, and I think it ends up 3 or 4 if that goes in. But in general we’ve seen that performance before. We play in second gear, get our goal, keep the opposition at arms length.

9 Likes

Same game as everyone else. Maybe I just have a different opinion.

They got in behind us quite easily especially the last 20 minutes or so. Our line wasn’t as good as it has been lately. Maybe the personnel changes didn’t help but we were caught out very high up. Judging the defensive performance purely on shots on target gives a false impression. The chance missed by Zinckernagel just before we scored doesn’t count as a shot on target but it was practically an open goal. It wasn’t a terrible performance. It just wasn’t as good as we’ve defended recently.

1 Like

To be honest up to 70 minutes it was fine for some reason we really went ragged the game was far too open and the passing was sloppy. The fact Konate made two blocks that ended up at the feet for Firmino and Jota 5 yards from the penalty area shows how open it was.

We should have had it won by then, our finishing was pretty poor in general.

Subs probably weren’t the best (Fabinho and Keita going off was probably the issue but it makes sense), it did energise our attack but again threw the midfield a bit.

What gets me about Var and bleating is nethier decision was given on the pitch so without it your out anyhow, VAR confirmed the linesman on the pitch and unlike the camera the linesman should be up with play.

Tell you what I do feel a lot more comfortable on corners than I used to do.

3 Likes

I was suprised we got the offside to be honest. I thought Jota was off until they drew the line. But once you know that counts as onside, you think back to all the ones like Firmino’s armpit, and you wonder how they can possibly have been given as off.

I did need another look at the penalty, but only one.

1 Like

It wasn’t the worst performance but it wasn’t great either. I also didn’t think the back 5 were particularly good, even Tsimikas though he redeemed himself at the end with the game’s best bit of quality.

Keita and Fabinho were okay and we did lose control after they went off. Chamberlain was really poor on the ball and Elliot was a total passenger. Firmino and Jota were rusty and needed those minutes.

It was a tough game with a much rotated team. Forest played very well and the atmosphere was excellent. Got the win, no injuries, rested key players. Couldn’t have asked for much more.

11 Likes

On the two decisions, Jota looked offside to me, but we didn’t get a true side on view of it, so looking at the angle they showed, he looked slightly off, but VAR showed otherwise. Good.

The penalty was nowhere near a penalty, but such is the state of officiating we have to endure, especially with the likes of Pawson, there’s no confidence in what they will do. As it happened the player lost control then engineered contact with Alisson’s forearm, dragging his foot and touching the goalkeeper. Correct decision, no penalty.

Just want to reiterate the main point that we shuffled the pack with seven changes, so it was a bit disjointed, but the main thing is we advanced to the semi final. The reds are marching up the hill!

3 Likes

Thing is with the pen, show the second image then it doesn’t look offside the one with the line but they didn’t they kept showing the other that looks offside.

End of the day VAR or no VAR the linesman doesn’t flag it’s a goal regardless even if they are fixing the lines and I don’t think they are, it was bad at one point but it’s got better with thicker lines.

2 Likes

I said yesterday I would like to see them back in the PL but after hearing them singing about the Hillsborough victims, i hope they stay in the championship for the next 50 years. Dirty vile cunts.

3 Likes

Most supporters of other clubs sing about victims, feed the scousers etc.
And its tolerated.
If SKY, PL, FA or BBC heard Liverpool supporters or any supporters being racist or homophobic they would call it out, and rightly so.

But this continued attack on a city, its people, the club, the supporters is reprehensible and as I said its tolerated.

9 Likes

I am amazed no one has mentioned our pen appeal in the 13th minute where Worrell tripped Jota. I admit it may have been accidental and it was quickly over ruled by the ref. but slow motion proved that the Forest player did not touch the ball so why was it not a pen? Maybe I misunderstand the rules but would like to know if anyone can clarify it for me.

5 Likes

It’s one I wouldn’t give but yeah if we are discussing “injustices” it’s as much as one if not more than one as others. Then again the slight tug on Firmino was also one if that one at the end was.

Bored of it now, a team does not get to the place we are with just luck. Palace do seem to be the ones who are most unlucky the rest get their fair share it seems.

1 Like