Post Match: Palace v Liverpool (EPL 9/12/23 12.30pm)

I can’t fucking wait.

There’s a world of difference between this game and next week’s.

4 Likes

Yep.

We will turn up for it.

1 Like

No where close to a piece of piss, but…

1 Like

Soccer Robot GIF

Ali is a robot for sure

1 Like

Yup I was muttering this throughout the second half.

Helps it’s at home as well.

1 Like

That’s my concern. Today was the worst one. On balance, we deserved the points against Fulham and Sheffield Utd, even though we made it unnecessarily hard for ourselves.

Today we deserved absolutely fuck all. Would have got fuck all had Ayew not been brain dead.

Take the points gratefully, but Klopp needs to hammer them like we got turned over.

2 Likes

Why is Robbie Savage taking that penalty.?

1 Like

good game quansah

1 Like

I hope we get up for it, and the kick off time wakes us up. If we play like we did today, they’ll fucking batter us. They are shite, but they are not as shite as Palace.

“We can’t keep playing badly and winning”… well apparently we can because we keep doing it.

Points are all that matters. Performances will come with time but the performance is the seasoning on a big ol’ steak. Nice to have, tastes much better but ultimately the steak is all that matters.

15 Likes

Only reason why I wouldn’t is the whole side seems so routinely to sputter early on, and no one is better right now than injecting a new energy than Elliott.

5 Likes

Yeah Fulham last week was partly due to changes at the back, we were creating tonnes regardless so it could easily have been 10-9.

Sheffield United was a bit of a walk in the park and I wasn’t particularly worried at any point. Today we stank it out badly, Alisson saved us a fair few times, can totally see why they are struggling but we dropped to that level.

I hope they are given a bloody good rollicking, I don’t criticise us a lot and I think our performances have been better than some make out on here but that was dreadful today and yet we are top. You make of what the luck is given so to say.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: think you’ve mistakingly stepped into a time machine mate

Ayew clips Elliotts heel as hes breaking away yellow all day long. Ayew should be getting shit for been a knob trying to delay free kick.

3 Likes

I haven’t actually seen a minute of it. The combination of a shite stream, our poor away form, playing at a difficult away ground in shite conditions and my high blood pressure all contributed to me swerving it and just following on flash scores.
I imagine the narrative will be LiVARpool while forgetting they had a pen awarded and we had a goal disallowed through VAR. (Did the linesman flag?).
Not arsed anyway, our lads are being fouled with impunity every game while the opposition dive and feign injury all game and get FK’s so fuck 'em.
Hodgson getting booked will be worth watching MOTD for all on it’s own.

1 Like

Hang on a second, I’ve seen other top teams struggle to wins on shite away days - say it with me people… “That’s the mark of champions!”

15 Likes

Just read the match thread. You’ll get a cool, objective, intelligent analysis of the game.

3 Likes

No I haven’t. Utd are shit and we should sway them aside, but they are a lot better than Palace and they have players who can hurt us.

Hopefully, the prospect of Utd will click us into gear, but seriously, we are going to have to see a huge upgrade on today’s effort.

2 Likes

Is that the gnashing of teeth I can hear, from the County Road area of the city?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1733492986523136500

1 Like