Post Match: Palace v Liverpool (EPL 9/12/23 12.30pm)

Ali saved us today and Gomez changed the game when he came on.
Soft yellow for the red card but also soft penalty.
3 points is what matters at the end.

3 Likes

Fuck me, Iā€™m the worldā€™s biggest pessimist but even I canā€™t imagine thinking like this.

2 Likes

LCM position is particularly worrying since none of the current available choices are good enough.

Weā€™ve got away with that three games in a row. At some point you get what you deserve.

1 Like

No way we get three points without Ali. MOTM for me.

2 Likes

I do agree that was the worst Iā€™ve seen us play. Will Hughes embarrassed our guys in 1st half with his energy and fight.

But you know weā€™ll be up for United. 3-0 at least :+1:

Thatā€™s what I fear as well. We need to step performance wise, otherwise I think weā€™ll be in trouble

Its only three games in a row because you got your knickers in a twist that we didnā€™t put 10 past Sheff Utd. We very easily beat them.

1 Like

Iā€™m fucking furious at them. Iā€™ll be alright in a bit.

I suppose we shouldnā€™t see that performance next week, with the later kick off.

1 Like

Very discombobulated performance. Ali put in another top drawer display. Elliott coming on was transformational. Why do we treat him like the new David Fairclough?

I thought the officials eventually got most decisions right but the time it took to sort the VAR feels like a betting scam going on.

Incidentally, was the time played after the penalty incident and before it was awarded added on at the end?

1 Like

The midfield is so oddā€¦There were literally no midfield runners beyond Salah for nearly 75 minutes.

After the red card, the midfield suddenly knew how to run beyond Salah?

That surely has to be tactical to protect TAA?

No we didnā€™t. We made it a lot harder than it needed to be. It was one nil, and we were inviting pressure until the second goal very late in added time.

Some of you canā€™t even enjoy winning football games anymore, panicking about having to get 100pts to beat the oil clubs has really broken much of the fun of the sport hasnā€™t it?

10 Likes

Looking at that poll, trying to figure who DOESN"T think Alisson deserves a man of the match vote.

2 Likes

Honestly fed up with the moaning about the early KO. Surely become a self-fulfilling prophesy by now. How can 2.5 hours make such a big difference in a game against a shite team?

I love Jurgen but the one thing Iā€™d transfer from Andy Farrell (another great leader) is embracing adversity. External things donā€™t work outā€¦bring it on. That mindset must transfer to players.

Anyway, weā€™re top of the league so who gives a fuck what any of us think!

3 Likes

I seriously considered amending the poll down to two votes, to cover Ali and Harvey. Fuck the rest of them.

3 points!!!

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1733499270467113094

6 Likes

You are are talking about elite athletes playing at the peak of human conditioning. Of course it makes a difference. It disrupts the whole routine in the lead up to a game.

1 Like

The thing is weā€™ve been putting in these shit performances for years. Itā€™s nothing new. We generally win in the end but thereā€™s a few times weā€™ve lost and all hell breaks loose. Even though I didnā€™t watch today I reckon Iā€™ve seen that game a hundred times over the years.
Very rarely happens at home though. Weā€™ll be a different beast next week.

7 Likes