Post match: RB Leipzig v Liverpool (UCL 16/2/21 8pm)

Nice. Good to see Barca get thudded too.

5 Likes

I’m not understanding the Ox criticism after his cameo tonight. It’s always difficult for subs coming into a game. Getting up to the pace etc.
Anyhow, I was impressed all over the pitch tonight. Very glad to see Bobby ghost in a couple of times and get the ball from the opposition and some good blocks on passes down the line. An important save from Ali early in the second half will hopefully be good for his confidence. Another game and another day closer to some of our injured players returning as well. I was impressed with Ozan’s performance. I’d be happy to see him start in the Derby. :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I am so so happy for Klopp and for the players no worries about VAR nor the refs all we can talk about tonight is the excellent performance from the lads COYR

5 Likes

Hopefully a page has finally been turned with that performance. Should give us plenty of confidence now going forward , and with Fab , Jota and Naby all back soon we should be a very different proposition for the rest of the season.

Well done to one and all but Curtis shades motm for me.

8 Likes

Needed this one, so happy the boys manage to pull this one through. It was very well played game by us from start to finish. We’re still conceding one or two big chances for our opposition, but by in large we defended very well. Allison with the clean sheet, hopefully now he’ll provide us with more steadiness between the post.
The Midfield trio of Thiago, Jones and Gini played really well today. I thought Thiago worked way harder than previous games and it showed today he can make an impact defensively as well. Jones continues to impress me with his savvy skills with the ball. He makes those deep runs that drags defenders out of position and have an eye for those incisive pass. He’s gonna be a real good player for us for a long time.
The forwards did what they have to do, and capitalized on the their mistakes. I still think Bobby lacks the sharpness to play that link up role in the squad.
It would’ve been nice if we found the third goal, that would’ve put this tie to bed. However, two goals is a good lead going into the second leg.
Let’s carry this momentum into the derby this weekend and kick some blue butts.:ok_hand:

YNWA

3 Likes

But is this Mbappe cat any good?

5 Likes

he wears his socks above his knees so I think we need to debate that.

I think there’s a serious socks & sandals risk that might need to be addressed.

2 Likes

I didn’t ask why the kids beat the shit out of you at school…

1 Like

Anyways…whisky o’clock.

7 Likes

no sandals. Wellies with shorts.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA

Fecking great look!!!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Who have Utd got tomorrow night?

2 Likes

So good to play with independent referee and linesmen.

5 Likes

Nobody, they play net week

Very nice performance with two good goals. The tie is far from over, but a 2-0 away win, in knockout European football, against a tidy opponent, is about as good as it gets.

Kabak growing on me. Jones probably MOTM.

Just want to say I thought the ref had a good game too. It’s tough to not sound like a tin foil hat wearer, but it was nice to get away from the Prem and see some even handed officiating.

Big game against the bitters coming up. Three points and no injuries please.

3 Likes

The club have a large investment in the Ox. We need to protect his value by playing him. He’s always been a good player, just needs games.

3 Likes

Tue or Wed night?

1 Like

Easily done :grin:

An better performance and with the help of Leipzig and a decent referee we got the win.

Gave MotM to Kabak, was perhaps not the best on the pitch, thought Tiago was excellent, but after his shaky start against Leicester, this was a much-improved match from him.

2 Likes