Post Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (UCL 15/03/23 8pm)

Cool, how is that tactical change going?

Are you now saying that a large part of our success is down to the Director of Football and therefore FSG deserve credit for having Edwards in place for ten years?

I thought the problem was FSG not backing Klopp with money? Is it now a lack of money and the lack of a suitable DoF?

Could Klopp not be expected to do better with the additions of Nunez and Gakpo than he is doing? Or is the insinuation that Julian Ward is a poor DoF appointment from FSG and that he has saddled Klopp with forward players instead of buying midfielders?

There’s not a lot of cohesion to whatever the point is that you are trying to make.

This stat confirms what I’ve felt since several years: Ancelotti is one of the very rare managers who has Kloppo in his back-pocket. He reads him inside out, and that’s really saying something, because I can’t think of anyone else who would be able to do that.

I’m usually quite good at regulating my emotions and don’t let football get to me too much. But this has hit me hard. A chasm has opened up between us and Real, we are no where near it. It’s very disappointing.

If the roles were reversed and Klopp faced Ancelotti at the worst possible times for the latter, he too would boast a similar record.

2 Likes

Are you suggesting supporters will walk away if FSG don’t spend money in the summer?

Were you around for the previous incumbents?

3 Likes

The probability models don’t tell a happy story for Liverpool this season. We have quite the string of at best ‘coin toss’ sort of matches. Needing to flip heads 3 of 4 times in a row to stay in contention is a recipe for disappointment.

You can see it like that.

Or you can see it as a challenge and a chance for greatness.

All in how you percieve these things.

The fact this thread is not even at 100 posts sums up the mood. Usually, after any loss, these threads are full of emotion…seems there’s very little left for this season.

All eyes on the top 4 race…and we’ve got City (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H)…

the simpsons rake GIF

If my auntie had balls she’d be my uncle.

You really don’t understand Klopps mentality I’m afraid.

So have Brighton.

Issue is Spurs if we are to get top 4 we need to win a majority of those top table games plus right our form against others.

I do think we should be able to do enough for the Europa but I do think top 4 is beyond us simply due to lapses like last Saturday. Shame as we had built a bit of head win that even a loss last night wouldn’t have impacted much.

Just a quick one on Konaté. I’m not a fan of his headers. Whenever the ball is lumped into our half and Ibou is the one to meet the ball then he heads the ball up into the air and it quite often goes to an opposition player. CBs (ours and opposition) make directed headers to a team-mate. IMO he needs to work on this in training. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

It’s Leeds, Nott Forest and West Ham after that I’m more worried about

2 Likes

Given our form, I see what you mean. But I’m not worried about that trio of games yet - if we can somehow scrape by and get 4-7 points from the first three, I’ll worry about the latter three. If we lose the lot it doesn’t matter anymore :sweat_smile:

Basically it’s what we generate from them and where we are after them as after that it’s teams we should be beating but it’s us and well.

1 Like

What to take from yesterday
Klopp is not able to adpat tactically, you play to your strengths and klopp plays the system no matter what .
City play 433 and try to adapt to suit halland , klopp wants to make nunez a bloody winger, did the same shit with Orgi.
Subbing nunez was ridiculous and the excuse given was not genuine and frankly am disappointed with klopp tactics this season and his excuse to sub nunez
Diaz will return and i bet nunez will be a sub we will improve with diaz but we will still loose and draw matches because the midfield is not right and its not only legs ( teams know exactly what we are doing and its hard to break teams ) lesser teams now know how to press us and utlize the space behind .
In short there will be no top 4 and unless klopp changes his mentally or somehow liverpool win the lottery to buy 5 new qaulity players next season will be the same
Next 3 games i will be amazez if we get 3 points out of 9
Hope am wrong though

1 Like

Klopp hasn’t got the players, our two midfielders would not be starting if we were without injuries there, it would be Thiago Henderson and Bajcetic. So you thought we played 433 yesterday :grinning:

Yes at first i thought 4231 but Gapko most of the time played on the right of the midfield and to be honest after 60 min it was a shit show of chaos and madrid should have scored 2 or 3
Whose fault that he doest have players !
He bought nunez ( why the f you would spend 80 mil on a number 9 when u play with a false 9 ) and gapko instead of midfielder
Bought carvalleo and ramsey why ? Cover for who they offer now competion and do not enhance your starting 11
When did he realize that he doesnt have plsyers ? Same happened after lovern left didnt replace him and oh 3 injuries and fab is a central ddfender who then gets injured
Klopp is great but he is too loyal, TAA should be benched but for who ( did klopp not reslize this last season ? ) .
Window after window we are buying the absolute minimum number of players and its a miracle that we won what we have won.
Also the alarming number of injuries 3 times more than brighton and city and even worse than chelsea

1 Like

I think you are confusing Klopp and Liverpool fc, the reason we signed Kapko was because he was a summer target and utd were getting ready to pounce. Also Bobby, Jota and Diaz were injured and Gakpo has been playing well.