Post Match: Sheffield Utd v Liverpool (EPL 6/12/23 7.30pm)

Player of the match
  • Caohimin KELLEHER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ibrahima KONATÉ
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Wataru ENDO
  • Dominic SZOBOSZLAI
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Curtis JONES
  • Darwin NUÑEZ
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Pitaluga, Tsimikas, Quansah, Bradley

:arrows_counterclockwise: 59’ Alexis MAC ALLISTER :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Curtis JONES

:arrows_counterclockwise: 67’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Luis DIAZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 67’ Darwin NUÑEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Mohamed SALAH

:arrows_counterclockwise: 86’ Ryan GRAVENBERCH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Cody GAKPO

:soccer: 37’ Virgil VAN DIJK (:rightwards_hand: Trent ALEXANDER- ARNOLD)

:soccer: 90+5’ Dominic SZOBOSZLAI (:rightwards_hand: Darwin NUÑEZ)

7 Likes

We’re utter wank yet, bizarrely, second in the league.

Discuss.

7 Likes

Worrying performance. We should be brushing Shef Utd away. Gomez, Konate, Gomez, Salah and Diaz all need to have a look at themselves after that.

2 Likes

Another win, all that matters.

Less said about the performance the better although shout outs to Endo and Virgil.

But ones thing is for sure, it’s gonna have to be a lot better to beat Palace in a few days.

4 Likes

Gomez won’t even need a mirror if there’s two of him :wink:

1 Like

Van Dijk MOTM by a mile. Endo’s best game for us.

Front 3 were terrible. Diaz good for the first 20 but lost after that. Gakpo and Salah lost all game, although Mo was unlucky not to score. The agenda against Nunez on here is hilarious, that’s his 5th assist in the league but he gets no credit for that side of his game. Him missing chances is frustrating but Liverpool are more threatening and score more goals with him on the pitch.

The game lacked quality from both sides. Never felt like we would drop points though, we just kept them at arms length.

8 Likes

not a great performance,

but we won,

the confidence is building,

wont be long till Jurgen has us rocking again

3 Likes

That’s a sign of champions they reckon.

Serious note the defending as a team was excellent. They didn’t even really get half a chance and even when one player would slip or miscontrol, there was always another one right there to back them up.

13 Likes

Opposition with a new manager and coming off a huge defeat, and us after a late turn around to eke out a win. Mix in injuries and rotation, the result here is all that matters.

We struggled at times to manage the game, but did enough to get the all important 3 points.

3 Likes

So does Darwin, I mean all those fans getting restless of him must really be getting to him.

1 Like

A two nil away from home against a struggling team which is bottom of the league, and a new manager at the helm. How many points have we lost in this kind of situation in the past?

Three points and a clean sheet to boot: I’ll take that all day long. :+1:

16 Likes

Really grinds my gears when we play a shit team, they stick 11 players behind the ball, the refs give us nothing and let them kick chunks out of us and then they go on to lose the game and the commentators just wax lyrical about how they deserve the credit and should be applauded for not losing 6-0.

7 Likes

I cant talk. I away in my with travels.

1 Like

Sheffield Boonited, more like.

God, I hated watching that. Our game management was good, and VVD was instrumental in that respect, but we made the game needlessly stressful. Some sloppy passing. Poor final balls. Offered a lot more threat going forward when Nunez came on. I think he makes more sense than Gakpo in these break-the-low-block away games.

Endo had a cracking game. Feel vindicated calling for him to start and hope he gets a few more in the weeks to come.

Anyway, I look forward to not thinking about that one ever again. Palace can play a bit so we need to be much more proactive in that one.

2 Likes

Clean sheet!
Nothing else special!

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like