Post Match: Sheffield Utd v Liverpool (EPL 6/12/23 7.30pm)

We got the 3 points and it was apparently crap performance, so I didn’t miss anything by not watching it.

Perfect.

2nd in the league after seeing us in the last 2 games, i will take it and keep my mouth shut. A win is a win

1 Like

If anyone is interested Villa v City, and Villa are absolutely battering them.

7 Likes

40% of the way through the season and we have the best (joint) defensive record in the league. Wasn’t a fun watch today, but I’ll take a 2-0 away result in the premier league any time! Virgil the clear man of the match today.

4 Likes

Results-wise?

Yeah van dijk looked very good tonight

1 Like

I thought we managed the game fine.

Wasn’t much up top at all but didn’t really feel like we would lose. I think Klopp will be happy as I feel he defensively set it up like that to give Kelleher more protection.

Only downside is Macallister though he was sat on the bench so hopefully only a precautionary niggle

3 Likes

3 points on a cold December night in Sheffield, is all that matters. Endo was MOM for me, the only thing he did wrong was get a yellow card. As for Sheffield Utd, ale house team with ale house tactics. I hope they go down.

5 Likes

He didn’t look too sad when talking to Klopp at the end. Have to wait and see I suppose.

1 Like

Villa one up now. Man City have been absolutely shite in the 15mins I’ve watched.

3 Likes

Shots 18-2 for Villa

Villa one up yessssss

1 Like

Well done Jurgen shutting the silly question down.

1 Like

If we don’t win by 4 or 5 we are shite no such thing as a professional performance.

3 Likes

And just had a great save from Ederson o Luiz

Mighty Villa are playing a blinder

1 Like

We are back to grinding out results just in the year we won the League, just saying … :innocent:

1 Like

But not a mention about some debatable challenges and they got away with not a single yellow card and yet we got 4 yellows? Apparently shirt pulling and rugby tackling right in full sight of the linesmen and dubious ref is legal and within the rules anyway we won despite all the shenanigans

3 Likes

We looked tired from the start. One of those games really. Grind it out, take the points, move on.

Van Dijk was good. Endo looked more integral than I’ve seen him and Kelleher more confident, which is a good sign.

It’s a short turn around for the next game and it looks like Mac will be a miss.

3 Likes

After heavily criticising him last weekend I gave Kelleher my 3rd MOTM vote - he didn’t need to do much but the little bits he was called for such as crosses he dealt with well.

4 Likes