Post Match: Sheffield Utd v Liverpool (EPL 6/12/23 7.30pm)

Because its 9am and I havent had time to scan all the information about the incident yet

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

I’ve posted it three times

Taken from the Beeb - why choose these fans as being representative of the general view…? Apart from we didn’t win 50-0, there is nothing other than slightly random/drunken texting!

1 Like

Have a look at the Hit Woodwork stat, mate. It’s spectacular: Nunez has hit the post five times already! That’s three more than any other player in the league.

One day (which surely isn’t too far away), this lad will score a hat-trick.

Daniel, Tommy, Kevin and Rob. It’s as if an intern tried to think up something that sounded like “typical Liverpool fan names”. We should be thankful that they didn’t quote “Gary”, “Barry”, “Terry” and “Yosser”.

Does he have a grudge?

Probably the same than Suarez had at the time, during his first full season with Kenny.

1 Like

Doesn’t make for too bad a reading does it?

2 Likes

Chelsea tho :rofl:

Tsimkas got slagged off and yet didn’t even play and I don’t think slowness is his major issue.

Also we shouldn’t play from the back :joy: do they want the keeper to kick it long so Endo can try and flick it on.

Actual analysis there is dreadful.

2 Likes

Sorry Forest but I’m taking that bottom 3 come May!!

Not like on here :wink:

Never a penalty he was just way too strong, especially to the ones I used as comparisons

This is what I don’t understand, you can’t always pass the ball effectively from one end to the other quickly and have the players forward to do so especially when the opposition don really commit men apart from corners or the odd long throw.

Also, a lot of our problems occur when we lose the ball and have players in front of the ball and this will happen more by playing too quickly.

Patience is important in tiring teams out and you and you have to pick your times play quickly, what I do think is that at times the movement is lacking to be able to up the tempo.

Pundit material then!

Three players impressed me last night - Kelleher, VvD and Endo.

Kells - saved their best chance /when Gomez decided that he is the new doctor Socrates/ and his distribution of the ball was really good.

Virgil was colossal, that block vs. Sheffield’s player reminded of that emotional game at home vs. spurs, when our Dutch captain was one vs. two spurs players .

And Endo is starting to show that he is adapting to the PL and Klopp’s demands, very solid defensviely, pressing really well, suprprisingly /or not because of his Bundesliga stats :)/ he wins regularly headers and much calmer with the ball at his feet. Still it was only Sheffield United the worst team in the league.

TAA was good, while Dom was invisible for 65 minutes and the interesting part is that after the substitutions Klopp made, he became much more involved in the game and also scored the important 2nd goal.

The others were not at the required level, in my opinion.

Gomez single-handedly created United’s best chances of the game. I understand that he is playing in a position that is not very comfortable for him. And yet there are simple rules in football. I train kids and I always tell them that if they don’t feel 100% sure in a football match, just choose to make the little simple things, they help you build confidence and keep you away from making mistakes. Joe decided to overcomplicate the situation and Kells saved us, thankfully.

Konate won multiple headers, but I am not sure that he is the right partner for VvD. His first season was really good, but since then he is not improving. Shaky with the ball at his feet and he is a risky player, that push against McAtee was unnecessary and in another day and another referee /like Atwell or Tierney/ it could be a penalty in the final minutes of a match we dominated.

The front three were pretty poor. Maybe now Diaz is paying the price for all the stress he absorbed with the shocking events with his family in Colombia. Nunez looked lively when introduced, but still a huge miss when played 1 vs. 1 with their goalie. Those misses will cost us /they already costed us vs. Luton and almost costed us vs. Fulham/ on another day against a better opponent. Still a very good assist, but when you pay 80+ mln. pounds for a forward you expect him to bury at least 1 of 3 good chances.

And finally - I think that we have to lower the expectations of this team. Last season we had the oldest team in the league /as a starting 11/ against Fulham away. Now we have one of the youngest squads in England and there are many new and inexperienced faces.

For example our starting 3 in midfield last night were new signings, it is totally normal that there is no 100% cohesion and undersrtanding between them. Gravenberch, Endo and Dom are coming from different leagues where football is played at a slower speed and is not so physical, whole Maca is playing most of the time in a different postion.

Another example - Arsenal spent 105 mln. pounds only for Rice, our starting three yesterday cost the club 110 mln. pounds or practically the same amount as one of Arsenal’s star players.

We are also really unlucky with injuries - long term injuries to Thiago, Bajcetic, Matip, Robbo. Alisson and Jota are also injured at the moment. Maca will probably miss our next match. Even the kid Bobby Clark is out for months. For example Arsenal practically have their best players available /bar Parthey, but I am not sure that he is a definite starter for Arteta/. Villa have only two injuries. City, Newcastle and Chelsea have their injury problems and they are losing points, falling behind Arsenal.

As a realist a top 4 finish will be a huge success for Klopp and the players. We have a totally new midfield, 2 of the front 3 are gone and in defence we are missing because of long term injuries 2 of our starters and most experienced players.

Of course, if we manage to do the unthinkable and win the fuckin thing, I would be the happiest person in the football world.

3 Likes

Think so, rusty first game out of the way!

1 Like