Post Match: Sheffield Utd v Liverpool (EPL 6/12/23 7.30pm)

I thought Konate was lucky that his push m the box wasn’t a pen. We’d want it given for us.

That’s not a high bar on here given some of the stuff people expect to be given.

I hope that doesn’t mean that when he’s 25 he’s playing like a guy in his 30s…

This was pretty much how I felt also. There’ll always be some element of nerves when there’s only one goal in it, but that was more down to the possibility that it could happen rather than any evidence on the night that it might.

4 Likes

I find it odd that this is the game people would not pick at Darwin. I’ve been critical but not only is his tackle brilliantly timed and leads to a delivered assist it breaks up any attack for them.

2 Likes

“Feed the scousers”

3 Likes

The bottom tier teams always get 11 men behind the ball…why…because we allow them to. We take so long to get the ball from in our half into the opposition’s. At one point last night I counted ten passes we made before we got out of our half. Our front three looked crap but they were all marked up by two players most of the time. It’s the same every time we play bottom half sides.

He played with a bandage on his knee then a SU player proceeded to stamp on that same knee although Klopp said it was not serious it looked bad to me

On the main site Klopp said it was a cut that re-opened

1 Like

Klopp’s the kind of guy who would consider having someone stamp on your already cut knee not serious.

1 Like

Is that what he said ?

Nah, he was responding to his own fans giving it the anti-scouse chants.

“I’m a scouser”

6 Likes

ah … kudos ! :+1:

2 Likes

Would there be a new manager bounce just 2 days in, or is that more of the cliché? I think Jürgen said before the match that it was going to be very hard because all the pre-match analysis went out of the window, and I think that cannot be discounted.

3 Likes

Did anyone think that Kelleher looked more confident last night? I know he didn’t have to deal with that much but he looked more proactive to me.

3 Likes

It looked to me like a wound rather than an injury. When he went down in the first half it looked like the issue was more the second player coming in and standing on his knee than the player who took him down. There looked to be a visible reaction from the players which you tend to see only when something is obviously wrong with the bone (which clearly wasnt the case) or blood. When he returned he did with a big bandage on the knee, and so what I suspect (hope) is that its just one of those annoyingly placed ones where he needs to keep it straight to stop the wound reopening. If so, he may have to stay off it for a week, but should be fine for Utd

Pray Game Show GIF by ABC Network

Drogba is a good comparison. He was the league’s top scorer in 09-10 with 29, but that was the outlier for him. He was otherwise a 15 goal a season guy on a good year and it took him until his 30s to really learn the goal scoring side. Yet for every year at Chelsea prior to 09-10 he was obviously integral to their success. Nunez is already a better goal scorer than Drogba was.

“We” invent rules to demand penalties get given for us. Something “we’d” want given for us is a terrible marker for what is or is not a foul or what is lucky to have not been called

3 Likes

Why is the we in inverted commas?

I was responding directly the the “we” Mascot cited.

Look this is what Klopp actually said…

Meanwhile, Mac Allister picked up a knock in the early stages of Liverpool’s contest with Sheffield United that required heavy strapping to his knee.

The Argentina midfielder completed the first half, but limped off after 59 minutes.

Klopp explained: “Macca, it was a shame. Early, he stepped on his knee, there was a cut. As long as the wound was open, we just strapped it, obviously it was painful but he could play.

“Then we stitched it but then obviously it got a bit tighter there and then he couldn’t move anymore. Now we have to see how long that will take. I hope not too long.”

Like it’s there why guess it’s pretty clear it’s a cut that was stitched up at half time but provided discomfort so he came off.

Evidently they will look if they can sort it so he can play with it.

1 Like