Post Match: Southampton v Liverpool (EPL 4/1/21 8pm)

Well one of them won’t be playing when Jota is fit. Take your pick form the three, I’d say Mo myself. Then he’ll sulk and want away.

1 Like

Seriously, something is very wrong with this team at the moment. Trent looks atrocious, the attack is beyond limpdick in his threat. Just handed the title momentum to United, can’t see us getting top 2 at this rate.

Divock was shit. Haven’t seen him all game

3 Likes

It must be foul Mane and get away with it day.

6 Likes

It was much better in the 2nd half, but we still lost. Nowhere near enough attempts on target. If you don’t shoot, you don’t score.

2 Likes

Marriner MOTM. Corrupt as fuck. If Klopp or the owners don’t say anything about the corruption we are subjected to every fucking game then we deserve everything we get.

8 Likes

And block the ball with your hand it is sound day.

5 Likes

Its not very often that I truly believe we are playing against more than 11 but Marriner is either a Saints fan a Liverpool hater or just a corrupt cunt.

We didn`t play our best but we got screwed by the official today.

2 Likes

I have a confession to make. I haven’t once read @cynicaloldgit’s post match wrap up. Too many words.

8 Likes

Much better second half but we need to play like that from the start. To many sideways and backward passes when a forward pass is on. Must admit I feel a bit sorry for our players when they get booked for petty fouls while opponents are wrestling us to the ground and go unpunished. I think we can forget about the league now, maybe go all out for the FA cup and CL. but the way we are playing we will win nothing.
Trent was awful again and while I think Thiago is a very good player I am not convinced he will do it in the more competitive style EPL. To many players only showing little patches of what they can really do. I was hoping for the return of Curtis Jones.

i normally have a lot of shit to say but not today folks…we are jus not playin well guys. is it a mental thing or what. who knows

I can, we didn’t lose 3-0.

Yes Jota for CB!
At least then Hendo might start in midfield.

2 Likes

Dear Jurgen.

Please call Marriner a cunt in your interview. You’ll get a fine but you won’t have to deal with him again for a couple of years.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Don’t start blaming the ref. We were rubbish again. This is now officially a slump and it’s hard to see how we’re going to get out of it. Trent was woeful, as bad as I can ever remember seeing him. The front three are all off form, with only Mane showing glimpses of what he’s capable of. When’s Jota back?

7 Likes

See what Klopp says in presser needs not to be giving sitting on fence answers.

1 Like

What’s the difference between losing and losing btw?

I’m offended.

I recommend you try it- if you need help falling asleep.

5 Likes

Predictable, sloppy, lack of physical presence, easy to defend against, easy to get behind. Tbh the management is having a nightmare, and the desire, and team spirit just isn’t there anymore. Our game is based on hard work and hard running, once that’s gone the arse falls out of the team.

3 Likes

Missing centre backs finally catching up with us. Two points in three games.

At least we are still in the mix.

Apart from the finishing, we actually controlled the second half. That’s why the Saints manager was on his knees, as his heart would’ve been beating hard through the last 45 minutes.

A break before the next game, and if we’re gonna continue with the midfield as CB experiment, they need to do more offside drills and defending set pieces.

Oh, and Bruno would’ve got that pen decision.

And we learned that not only Mo can be rugby tackled, but Mane can also be wrestled.

We were poor with getting into finishing positions, but it’s not helped by a ref that hugely favours one team (all 50-50 decisions always favoured Saints).

With Henderson not being in midfield, he couldn’t get into the ref’s ear. Thiago/Ox/Gini in the first half should’ve been talking more to the ref.

2 Likes