Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Player of the Match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Dominic SZOBOSZLAI
  • Curtis JONES
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Wataru ENDO
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
0 voters
1 Like

Unused subs: Kelleher, Nunez, Elliott, Tsimikas.

:arrows_counterclockwise: 45’ Diogo JOTA :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Cody GAKPO

:arrows_counterclockwise: 73’ Ibrahima KONATE :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Joe GOMEZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 73’ Wataru ENDO :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Mohamed SALAH

:arrows_counterclockwise: 73’ Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Luis DIAZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 80’’ Ryan GRAVENBERCH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Alexis MAC ALLISTER

:soccer: 45 +4’ Cody GAKPO (Assist Virgil VAN DIJK)

Brilliant effort from our boys.

Absolutely disgusting performance from the officials.

As I always say, this league is fixed.

23 Likes

a bad day in the office…

The VAR office that is,

twats!

7 Likes

Should be a fucking inquest. Never seen a refereeing performance like that. Never.

Both barrels, Klopp. Both fucking barrels.

19 Likes

Referee and VAR motm there.

Congratulations to spurs on winning the PL.

They can put these 3 points in their very empty trophy cabinet

7 Likes

Look at the Spurs fans celebrating. They could put us away with a two man advantage, and needed an awful own goal. Fuck off Spurs c

9 Likes

Most touches = refs hand to his pocket

4 Likes

I am so proud of every one of those boys - especially the defence.

That was 12 v 9 and Spurs could still only win with a lucky OG. Matip shouldn’t feel bad about it - he played his socks off.

The most disgraceful refereeing and VAR I think I’ve ever seen in the Premier League. Genuinely.

17 Likes

Haven’t been so proud of our lads for a long time.

16 Likes

One of our best performances for a long time. No blame attached to Matip, that was unlucky. Great effort from the boys.

Great effort from Hooper and the boys at Stockley Park too, they got the result they wanted in the end.

11 Likes

Where are the usual referee apologists? Love to see them defend that showing.

3 Likes

12 yellow cards and two reds in a game that didn’t have a single nasty tackle.

This Liverpool side though has the mentality back. To lose that was cruel but it was also incredibly unfortunate. 9 men for 25 minutes against a top 4 contender and they didn’t create anything.

We dealt with 2 red cards, an onside goal being ruled out without review, umpteen 50/50s gping against us and we still took them to the last kick of the ball.

If I was being super critical I’d say Matip has always had that slight slowness in his feet that cost us - but that’s hyper critical and not really that important in the greater context.

I’m more sure than ever, actually, that this squad are title contenders.

19 Likes

Heartbreaking at the end. Kind of reminds me why I don’t watch PL matches apart from us. It looks less like incompetence from the officials and more like a betting scam.

6 Likes

I’m kind of speechless after watching that refereeing display. The game is honestly secondary to the utter shit show that was served up there.

I’m honestly beyond words

8 Likes

I don’t think we should let spurs being shit, or Jota making a rash decision for the 2nd yellow take anything from what has happened here.

1 Like

Motm the bent ref

That’s all there is to it. The worst reffed game I have possibly ever seen from a one-sided perspective

3 Likes

Realistically speaking what can be done to prevent / avoid this kind of refs and refereeing in the future?

1 Like