Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

In playing a premier league match on Saturday, in accordance with the rules, we had an opportunity of gaining 3points. This was denied to us, as is proven, by inept actions of the PGMOL representatives.
Their apology, and by default, their acceptance of guilt, now puts the onus firmly upon them, to compensate us, or put an offer forward that aligns with our acceptance.
Failure to do this, then leaves the issue open for us to make our own demands…
This is their fuck up - Our role is not to remedy the situation for them at a cost to ourselves

2 Likes

Yes, Paul Joyce picked up on it. It’s grossly unprofessional behaviour from PGMOL. The question is, how many other refs are off on these jaunts?

3 Likes

We needed this guy and his co on VAR….

https://x.com/May26LFC/status/1708989652269719706?s=20

1 Like

They didn’t call it a replay.

It was termed a re fixture, because replay would acknowledge the first match as having taken place.
Semantics, but important at the time.

1 Like

Adam & Eve was my go to place and yes it was a place with a good soul, I am a miners son and until Maggie destroyed the community it was a good place to live with respectful and honest people.

Went back there in June and realised it is a shithole lol, however the people are still the friendliest people I have come across

1 Like

Audio clip can be found in this article.

3 Likes

Scum. Both of them, scum.

2 Likes

What an absolute mess that is.

Multiple people talking over each other, each of them having no clue what is going on.

That is really really poor

2 Likes

At best it’s a total embarrassment for the league and PGMOL, at worst it’s utter corruption at the highest level.

Fucking Sky Sports refusing to talk about it at half time or at the time of the incident makes them complicit as well. The cunts.

5 Likes

Wankers :face_vomiting:

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1709267123766186445?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

The replay operator is the only one who has any idea what’s going on.

4 Likes

Waiting the various fines…

Yeah and that guy seems to be the one who does the tech on it.

Proof if needed that we don’t need the referees on VAR.

Explains why the league are so resistant to turning on the referees microphones. Rugby can handle it, tennis has the umpire announce decisions, even the NFL manage it.

Too hard for the world’s biggest league - because they are concerned about the optics of their own incompetence.

8 Likes

Maybe the tech guy should refer the ref to any issues on a monitor and then it’s the refs decision.

In fact if you remove everything else from the game bar the offside you then only have to employ the tech guy.

https://twitter.com/_paulhayward/status/1709266677496770602?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

2 Likes

It didn’t take the replay operator 7 seconds to realise what was going on, he said almost immediately.

England and his cronie didn’t want to listen. That could easily have been overturned within 4 or 5 seconds of the restart.

Was worse than I was expecting. Heads need to roll for that, no wonder they didn’t want it released.

10 Likes

PGMOL’s statement is fucking putrid, too.

2 Likes

That’s what worried me about it, sounded like they were on the sofas

1 Like

FIFY

2 Likes