Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Am I surprised?

Not a fucking chance.

its always sunny in philadelphia nothing to see here GIF by HULU

1 Like

Looking at the league table this morning, I am fuming about the fact that we are not top.

This topic should be pinned as a permanent reminder of the three points robbed from us by the football establishment.

6 Likes

Relaxed Chill Out GIF by VH1

Nope. Iā€™m seriously struggling to let it go. Already Iā€™ve seen posts about referees giving us a free ride at Anfield, thatā€™s a month after this shit show.

Iā€™ll concede that we were extremely fortunate with Konate yesterday in the derby, but in my book nothing from this debacle has been resolved. England and co. are still out there refereeing, earning fantastic sums of money when itā€™s been clearly shown they far from being anywhere near professional and responsible enough. The PGMOL has done nothing to look t improving the process etc. that lead to this. Conflicts of interest remain and unquestioned. And sadly the club has to just sit there and take it.

Itā€™s just an absolute broken shit show with zero integrity that is testing the last ounces of resolve I have.

8 Likes

Were we lucky?

Konateā€™s non existent second yellow was not in the realm of a grave injustice. Ref might have given him a yellow, might not. Happens all the time in football.

The idea, as some are suggesting, that it evens out the catastrophic refereeing performance against Spurs, is frankly laughable.

9 Likes

It doesnā€™t. It will never unless they give us the lost point(s) back.

But - and Iā€™ve predicted that after the whole thing - feels to me that the refs changed their approach towards us. At least thatā€™s how I feel after the Brighton and Everton games.

Now we only need the return of LiVARpool :see_no_evil:

Lucky? Yes I think we were, for a change.

Connecting that to the Spurs thing is, I agree laughable. Iā€™ve no issue there but my complaint regarding the behaviour and professionalism of officiating in the PL remains.

How, the PL and PGMOL remain unregulated, unquestioned and unaccountable powers in the game is broken.

I cannot help how I feel on this. You are asked to have faith that the officiating team will act in a professional and impartial manner but that clearly isnā€™t the case. Half them look like they couldnā€™t run the length of the pitch let alone keep up with play. On top of that they canā€™t even devise a simple set of review protocols that remove the potential for stupid misunderstandings. They prefer to work in the shadows, out of sight and scrutiny.

They have honestly lost any trust I have in the game being balanced.

1 Like

I think Mascot said it in another thread. People wrongly think that iif a player on a yellow commits a foul itā€™s automatically another yellow card. The foul has to be a yellow card offense. Itā€™s a narrative that people have come to accept without questioning it.

Dych shouting injustice is not likely to a fair impartial viewpoint.

VS Everton, nothing untowrd happened except we could have had another penalty.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think theyā€™ve given us anything we didnā€™t deserve, but they have been on their best behaviour in giving us what we did deserve.
How long that lasts only time will tell.

7 Likes

We play City next month and normal service will have resumed by then. I donā€™t think weā€™ll be allowed to win that game.

3 Likes