Post Match: Spurs, Hooper, VAR, PL v Liverpool (EPL 30/9/23 5.30pm)

Neville just said he can’t believe it. They get the pictures before anyone else and it there was something really wrong with the decision.

That statement is really fishy.

8 Likes

All the major decisions (apart from the offside, which who knows what they will concoct in the time they release the lines) were subjective. And therein lies the problem. As there is plausibility to each of the decisions (even though we all know it was heavily biased against us).

The likes of Dale Johnson will trot out the usual subjective line, without saying anything about the long term trend of subjective calls going against us.

Doubt Johnson can say much when they’ve already admitted it was a fuck up.

That’s one point at least once lost.

Simon Hooper

2 languages

Tools

Page semi-protected

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simon Hooper Born 15 July 1982 (age 41)[1]
Swindon, England

Simon Hooper (born 15 July 1982) is an English football referee who officiates primarily in the Premier League. He was promoted to the Select Group in 2018.[2][3]

Career

On 14 August 2023, Hooper was the referee for a Premier League match featuring Manchester United v Wolves, a game which ended in a 1-0 win for the hosts. In extra time, United goalkeeper Andre Onana collided with Wolves forward Sasa Kalajdzic in the penalty area. Despite protests from players, Hooper did not award Wolves a penalty and VAR did not intervene on the decision. After the game, PGMOL apologized to Wolves manager Gary O’Neil for the error, admitting that a penalty should have been given. Hooper and two VAR officials were subsequently dropped from refereeing for the following Premier League weekend fixtures

https://twitter.com/Biggies_MaIIs/status/1708199312134455419

3 Likes

This is from last month, the competent ref, check the quotes from the then wolves manager.
Simon Hooper

His prize after that? Tottenham Liverpool. Notoriously easy and less intense tie to ref.

5 Likes

One year older than me… wow he looks at least 10.

Those of you who previously said we should rise over refereeing decisions

Please tell us how

We tried today

We did it twice against questionable reds in previous matches

We almost drew today but two reds and a goal taken off is too much

4 Likes

My initial view was refereeing was poor and questionable. Changed my mind. Complete and utter disgrace. There’s no excuse for this. Simply unbelievable.

3 Likes

What was the human error?

Was it not drawing the lines? Or did the technology fail, but the VAR not look at the fucking image of him being a yard on side?

3 Likes

I was just going to say the same thing. Can’t believe he’s younger than me.

Oh I agree but my point in the past stands.

You can’t rise above that which is basically fraud, as I said elsewhere a 70/30 or a shit pen like say Fulham last season we just didn’t deserve that. Today we didn’t deserve anything less than a point and probably all three.

2 Likes

BASTARDS .!

20:16

BREAKINGPGMOL admit Luis Diaz offside decision was wrong

A statement from the refereeing body, the PGMOL:

PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

The goal by Luiz Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.

PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

1 Like

Unless the review gives us an obvious offside and rules out a winner for Spurs sometime in the season then it’s all words.

They should be reviewing how shit they are because that Maca sending off was as big a joke.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Grow up.

Just talked to a frend who happens to be a big Spurs fan. He said: “I have been waiting for a win over Liverpool since 2017, and when it finally happens, it happens in such a shithouse manner I cannot even relly feel happy for the win. Despite being two men up, we could not even score a winning goal ourselves!” He even admitted that Jones’ red was harsh and that Jota’s first yellow was non-existant because the player tripped himself.

Proud of the boys. And no blame on unlucky Matip. He was great tonight. Just want to express my full support for him.

And I do not want neither the ref nor that f*cking VAR twat England anywhere near our matches in the future. Just file all complaints you can.

9 Likes

A human error, no bent match officials acting how Howard Webb wants, fuck them all.

1 Like

i honestly think its bias against us

So do we get 3pts or 1pt then…cause an apology is not enough…you swizzed us out of a win…and proved that VAR is for cheats…

3 Likes

That Mo pass on the stroke of HT was exquisite. Louis Diaz should’ve buried it.

If his first goal wasn’t cheated out of, that would’ve seen us comfortable at HT despite being a man down.

5 Likes